LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Pros and cons of Vikings game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All the pros and cons of the game...
We know who comes in to throw the desperation hail mary. Davis has that one locked
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN One thing apparent after this game: Nate Davis is not competing for the backup job. Mike Singletary very disappointed in Davis.

MaioccoCSN Singletary questioned Nate Davis' work ethic. Davis, admittedly, blew several protection calls in this game.
Originally posted by nyy52nova24:

A Big Pro:

If Alex Smith can operate the offense against the 1st team Minnesota defense with Dixon, Delanie and Ginn, imagine what he can do with Vernon, Frank and Crabs back in the lineup.
That new guy Phil is pretty good...

MaioccoCSN One thing apparent after this game: Nate Davis is not competing for the backup job. Mike Singletary very disappointed in Davis.

MaioccoCSN Singletary questioned Nate Davis' work ethic. Davis, admittedly, blew several protection calls in this game.

I take it with a grain of salt....

It could be Singletary's reverse psychology tactic. Usually many teachers become very hard on the pupil if they see alot of potential in them but want them to be great. Its a way to test the student and drive them to a higher level. I've seen this done by many teachers who in reality believes and sees something special in the student.
He looked very poised and controlled in the pocket. Very nice work.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

I take it with a grain of salt....

It could be Singletary's reverse psychology tactic. Usually many teachers become very hard on the pupil if they see alot of potential in them but want them to be great. Its a way to test the student and drive them to a higher level. I've seen this done by many teachers who in reality believes and sees something special in the student.

doubtful
Favre

RJF - dude is becoming a good player
Originally posted by adrenaline:
He looked very poised and controlled in the pocket. Very nice work.

This. ^ Very impressive opening drive esp with out Vernon, Crabs or Gore.

pro- willis and tko running over favre
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by nyy52nova24:

A Big Pro:

If Alex Smith can operate the offense against the 1st team Minnesota defense with Dixon, Delanie and Ginn, imagine what he can do with Vernon, Frank and Crabs back in the lineup.

THIS
In general I was pretty happy, the only con I can really think of is that the running game was a little weak when it was 1's vs. 1's. There wasn't much room to run.
^I think the vikings were pretty much bringing 8 in the box, with vernon and crabs out
  • Mex49
Originally posted by bigmur49:
We know who comes in to throw the desperation hail mary. Davis has that one locked

65+ yards
Share 49ersWebzone