There are 373 users in the forums

LaBoy and Khalif Mitchell

Shop Find 49ers gear online
These guys played well tonight and I am very happy to see the depth on our defense
Phillip Adams and Dyrail Briggs also had good games
I thought Laboy wasn't going to make the team because he's been injured. Hopefully he can get back to 100%, he played well tonight and must have improved his chances. I hope we keep both Laboy and Mitchell.

I think our pass rush could do even better if we have a rotation of Haralson, Briggs, Lawson, Brooks, and Laboy. Haralson hasn't turned into the monster pass rusher we thought he would be when he got an extension, maybe he just needs fresh legs.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I thought Laboy wasn't going to make the team because he's been injured. Hopefully he can get back to 100%, he played well tonight and must have improved his chances. I hope we keep both Laboy and Mitchell.

I think our pass rush could do even better if we have a rotation of Haralson, Briggs, Lawson, Brooks, and Laboy. Haralson hasn't turned into the monster pass rusher we thought he would be when he got an extension, maybe he just needs fresh legs.

• Mex49
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Phillip Adams and Dyrail Briggs also had good games

50 is becoming my new favorite number
OLBs - Lawson, Brooks, Briggs, LaBoy, B. Davis. Balgoun on the PS

I also hope Mitchell is a backup for the Dline as well. I think he has more upside than Evans.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

I also hope Mitchell is a backup for the Dline as well. I think he has more upside than Evans.

...I'm pretty sure you're missing someone...Ha...Hair....someone.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Aug 23, 2010 at 12:06 AM ]
Originally posted by mug0mug:

No I did not miss Harolson. I think that the five above would be a better group of OLBs without Harolson.
We seem to have pretty good depth on the defensive side of the ball. RJF looks a lot bigger in pads than I thought. Dude could be a legit NT for us if Franklin gets hurt.

It's about time he got his ass into camp as well. I wanna see him get some reps in the 3rd preseason game...if not, he'll have to play a bit in the 4th.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Laboy is Ma BOY son he was savage out there tonight.

The problem with Laboy since his University of Hawaii playing days is not the talent, when healthy he is very capable and good, the problem has always been him staying healthy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WildBill:
The problem with Laboy since his University of Hawaii playing days is not the talent, when healthy he is very capable and good, the problem has always been him staying healthy.

Actually, LaBoy only became injury prone was when he first got injured at the Hula Bowl. Which also prevented him from playing in the Senior Bowl. In college he was pretty much healthy.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

No I did not miss Harolson. I think that the five above would be a better group of OLBs without Harolson.

Maybe, but he's a virtual lock for the squad this year. And a near certain starter at that.

I thought we were talking about what will happen, not our personal preferences (though I'm not sure how one puts Bruce Smith and Mike Balogun above Parys Haralson).
[ Edited by mug0mug on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:34 AM ]
keep LaBoy cut Mitchell, unless MRob is still on the team.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WildBill:

Actually, LaBoy only became injury prone was when he first got injured at the Hula Bowl. Which also prevented him from playing in the Senior Bowl. In college he was pretty much healthy.

Kolohe, braddha-if you read the papers closely in Hawaii, he did play, but he was always nuring an injury. You may that every player nurses an injury, trudat, but his was highlighted more often. He often had to be kept out of practices, more than the others, sometimes he played injured, and it was published on several occasions when he had a bad or not good game that he was hampered by this or that. At least more than the other players.
Share 49ersWebzone