LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Who is the biggest threat in our division?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the biggest threat in our division?

Who is the biggest threat to us for winning our division? At first I was thinking AZ but watching Seattle first stringers play they looked pretty sharp so far.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Definitely Arizona.
I think AZ will really be hurt by losing Anquan and Warner on offense. Losing Dansby and Rolle will greatly hurt their defense. I think more than they know. I know they got Porter, but I dunno.

I think Seattle has the overall better team. Every time we play them it seems it's a real toss-up. Truly, I don't know until we play Seattle in the regular season. As for now, from what I've seen in preseason, Seattle looks much more organized and together than the Cardinals.
Biggest threat in our division is OURSELFS! If we don't beat each other we have division in our pocket. It's an easy as that!
Originally posted by titan:
Definitely Arizona.

not so sure i agree.

They lost a HOF QB, a probowl WR, Safety and LB. Id venture to say Seattle will be the best team to give us problems. They do have the best defense and a vet at QB with some solid play makers.
Poor Rams... 0%
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Biggest threat in our division is OURSELFS! If we don't beat each other we have division in our pocket. It's an easy as that!

Any team in the NFL can say that. If the Rams , Det , Raiders and so on didn't shoot themself in the foot they would be a playoff team. In reality that just an exscuse
for not being a good team and not being coach correctly. There will be errors made and bad plays in every game in the nfl. Good teams will overcome those types of errors.
It is Arizona until proven otherwise. They've encountered some big blows this offseason, but the way people are writing them off is ridiculous. They're still the defending champs, and there are still a lot of good pieces there. And, for everyone who scoffs and laughs that their season relies on Leinart, well... our season is on Alex Smith, which is equally laughable.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
It is Arizona until proven otherwise. They've encountered some big blows this offseason, but the way people are writing them off is ridiculous. They're still the defending champs, and there are still a lot of good pieces there. And, for everyone who scoffs and laughs that their season relies on Leinart, well... our season is on Alex Smith, which is equally laughable.

And we still beat them twice last year. And they still got way worse on both sides of the ball losing their best offensive and defensive players. They clearly are not the same team and should not be perceived that way either.
Most Def ZONA. They still have a good Defense, fiesty. They still are the Divison Champs. I think we can finally knock em off.

Seattle would be my second choice. A healthy Hasselback changes everything for them. Their Offense isn't to bad when he;s healthy. Their Defense is scrappy, hell we lost up there to them last yr.

But yes We are our biggest roadblock. it's on us to win more non divison games. we had the besat divison record last year but that wasn't enough. we need to win more non conference games! On the road to

Originally posted by titan:
Definitely Arizona.

Yep. They won the division last year.
Originally posted by Dominate:

And we still beat them twice last year. And they still got way worse on both sides of the ball losing their best offensive and defensive players. They clearly are not the same team and should not be perceived that way either.
And they still won the division in spite of that. The question is who is the biggest threat, and as reigning champs they are just that. Seattle won't sniff 8-8. Arizona is not a soft team and they won't just roll over and die because everyone is writing them off, in fact that might fire them up.

Seattle is a single game threat, Arizona is a season long threat.
Without a doubt the Cardinals. Just because they lost Warner and two key defensive players doesn't make them nobody. They're still a threat but I think we have the edge overall.

~Dann~
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Seachickens
Originally posted by Dominate:

And they still won the division in spite of that. The question is who is the biggest threat, and as reigning champs they are just that. Seattle won't sniff 8-8. Arizona is not a soft team and they won't just roll over and die because everyone is writing them off, in fact that might fire them up.

Seattle is a single game threat, Arizona is a season long threat.

Great point.

I think this is a tough opinion without any games played that are meaningful.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 22, 2010 at 4:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone