LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

i got chills....willis article

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HessianDud:
...they're mutliplyin', and i'm losin' control
cause the power you're supplyin', its electrifyin'!

you better shape, cause i need a man
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
...they're mutliplyin', and i'm losin' control
cause the power you're supplyin', its electrifyin'!

you better shape, cause i need a man

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I really Thanks for Nolan draft to Pwillis!! I remeber that i was interested to pwillis when the 49ers draft him that i was all exiciting..

Bizzbuzz approved.
  • gaz1
  • Veteran
10 years from now willis will be rated as the best linebacker ever
-Q: Were you disappointed you weren’t the NFL defensive player of the year last year?

-WILLIS: Honestly, when I look back on it… did I do OK? Did I make some plays last year? I did. But Charles Woodson and Darrelle Revis had some good years. It is what it is. I can’t worry about that, it didn’t happen.

I just know my approach this year has been even more focused. I understand things a lot better. I just feel… I don’t know… I just feel like a new light has hit me. I feel like there’s a new level that I’m at and I’m excited to go get this year started.

I’m not here to say and promise this or that, but I will go on record that the fans, the NFL, whoever has yet to see my best play. My best football hasn’t been played.

Thats some scary sh!t for the opposing offences.
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:
-Q: Were you disappointed you weren’t the NFL defensive player of the year last year?

-WILLIS: Honestly, when I look back on it… did I do OK? Did I make some plays last year? I did. But Charles Woodson and Darrelle Revis had some good years. It is what it is. I can’t worry about that, it didn’t happen.

I just know my approach this year has been even more focused. I understand things a lot better. I just feel… I don’t know… I just feel like a new light has hit me. I feel like there’s a new level that I’m at and I’m excited to go get this year started.

I’m not here to say and promise this or that, but I will go on record that the fans, the NFL, whoever has yet to see my best play. My best football hasn’t been played.

Thats some scary sh!t for the opposing offences.

Patrick Willis, 2010:
DPOY
MVP
Super Bowl MVP....
Thanks for posting the link. Willis seems like a class act and a player who leads by example and lets his actions on the field speak for themselves.
I picked up on something Willis said that I think bears a great deal of significnce. He said that he frequently encourages Alex to go out and have fun. Why is this significant?

Good players usually have a great deal of confidence. And Willis comments on the importance of having confidence. Because of Alex's traumatic early years here, I think Alex continues to battle with his confidence. He feels far more pressure than most of us realize - the pressure to finally produce in game situations. This added pressure probably causes him to play too tight, and may be the reason why Willis encourages him to go out and have fun.

It is a vicious circle, sometimes difficult to break out of. Singletary is smart enough to understand that Alex needed his confidence restored. But things continue to get in the way - like tonight not having his best three offensive weapons on the field. I remain a great fan of Alex, but recognize that he may be damaged goods. I hope not. The first step to him realizing his potential is that things need to start breaking his way.
this thread is about Willis, not more Smith excuses, if it's not one thing, it's an F'n other. Willis hands down is the leader of this team.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
they're multiplyin

That really shows your age right there

Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
He said he'll retire when he can't get any better.. that might be soon guys
Good article!
Our goal is to keep them to 17 points or less. But we want it to be 0 or less.

Screw that keeping you to zero points junk we're going negative on you son!
Good article but not chills worthy.
Share 49ersWebzone