LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

For Some Reason Im Pumped To See Briggs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Diyral Briggs really caught my eye man handleing the Colts Oline (yes I know it was 2nd string). With Ahmad Brooks Kidney injury He is going to see a little bit of action. He will probally have to beat out Travis LaBoy to make the roster but I really want to see this competition for possibly next years back up OLB spot because I dont think Lawson will be back. I can see Ahmad Brooks really try to push into a starting role or maybe get a FA or draft another pass rusher next year. I was really all for drafting Brandon Graham from MICH but didnt pan out so I am cool with it. I want to see what Briggs can bring to the table and see if he can contribute if someone goes down due to injury. The guy had a knack for getting to the QB and making plays. He even got a pick but was stripped on a very nice play from Eldridge. Lets see if he can make the most of his playing time tonight and really catch the coaches eye.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I thought Briggs looked pretty good last week too coming off the edge. He showed good strength over-powering their lineman and seemed to have a quick first step off the ball. If LaBoy continues to be injury-prone, I could see Briggs making this team over any of our OLB's. BUT, Briggs has to continue doing what he did last week, if he disappears in the next two games hes done.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I thought Briggs looked pretty good last week too coming off the edge. He showed good strength over-powering their lineman and seemed to have a quick first step off the ball. If LaBoy continues to be injury-prone, I could see Briggs making this team over any of our OLB's. BUT, Briggs has to continue doing what he did last week, if he disappears in the next two games hes done.

I totally agree man we need to see consistant relentless pressure and playmaking ability week in and week out. For some reason when I was sitting into space today thinking of what I want to see out of tonights game I just kept thinking of his playmaking ability he did last week and think this could be a big night for him on National TV. He needs to show everyone he is for real and its his time to shine. I will be rooting for him tonight for sure.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I totally agree man we need to see consistant relentless pressure and playmaking ability week in and week out. For some reason when I was sitting into space today thinking of what I want to see out of tonights game I just kept thinking of his playmaking ability he did last week and think this could be a big night for him on National TV. He needs to show everyone he is for real and its his time to shine. I will be rooting for him tonight for sure.

One things for sure, if he doesn't make the team, he'll be picked up right away. And after thinking about it he kinda reminds me of Robert Mathis. I think if we gave Briggs time to grow like we did with Brooks, we might have another gem on our hands. But one thing I really didn't notice was if he was in coverage. Man, if Briggs shows some decent coverage ability. I know he had a pick last week, but I missed that.
He was the most impressive player last year in TC, and reports are this year as well....he certainly showed what he cando in this D last week. There is no way he isnt on this team this year. He beats out LaBoy.
I was a little surprised that an article by I think Barrows had him listed as a "bubble" player....I can not see any reason right now why they would keep Laboy and cut Briggs
hope to see good things from Briggs and B.Davis this game.
Originally posted by btwagner:
I was a little surprised that an article by I think Barrows had him listed as a "bubble" player....I can not see any reason right now why they would keep Laboy and cut Briggs

Briggs has looked not only better than Laboy but Parys "whiffs" Haralson, I don't like him at all.
Yea Briggs really caught my attention last week, I am definetely looking forward to seeing how he plays tonight, and I agree I don't see how we don't keep this guy on the roster. All he does is make plays.

I saw some of the game from work and have not watched entire game but I did see some things from Laboy tonight.....just would hate to lose young talent for a guy that has so far been injury prone

keep him!!!!!!!!
he was great our OLB depth is so good

so much for OLB being a weakness
Was he a positive contributor tonight?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I thought LaBoy looked really good today. It will be tough to cut him if he stays healthy.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I thought LaBoy looked really good today. It will be tough to cut him if he stays healthy.

I concur with you, Laboy stepped up tonight, Briggs kinda fell off tonight.

P.s. T.Mays finally got a big hit in the game. woot woot !! ;)
Share 49ersWebzone