LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 341 users in the forums

QB Strength of Schedule....1st 4 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I don't understand why people think the Falcons will be a sure loss. Their offense is legit, but their D is suspect. Should be a good game IMO

I'm guessing because we were their b***h last year

Ya, I guess 45-10 has a way of sticking out in your head. But that was with Hill at Qb and Gore on the sideline. Not to mention that the Niners were a little over confident going into that game after beating up on the Rams.

Didn't Roddy White torch our DB's on that game. Our offense can't catch up to the deficit the D put us in that game.
I think we could lose game 1 @ Seattle. That game is not going to be easy.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
We really have a tough start to this season. The Saints and Falcons will probably beat us and we don't know what to expect from Philly. Alex has a tough road ahead of him and fans shouldn't jump ship if we lose a couple games to start the season. I would say by midseason if we don't have at least 5 wins, then there is a problem.

I have to agree here. I know that after a couple losses people will be calling for 11's head, but I think what you said here is the most logical and level-headed approach to our tough first half of the season. If we go 4-4 in our first 8 games, I think I'd be a little stressed but still confident we'd go ahead and do well to close out the year.

So if Alex can't handle tough games after five years in the league, when exactly will be able to handle them?
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
We really have a tough start to this season. The Saints and Falcons will probably beat us and we don't know what to expect from Philly. Alex has a tough road ahead of him and fans shouldn't jump ship if we lose a couple games to start the season. I would say by midseason if we don't have at least 5 wins, then there is a problem.

I have to agree here. I know that after a couple losses people will be calling for 11's head, but I think what you said here is the most logical and level-headed approach to our tough first half of the season. If we go 4-4 in our first 8 games, I think I'd be a little stressed but still confident we'd go ahead and do well to close out the year.

So if Alex can't handle tough games after five years in the league, when exactly will be able to handle them?

Good question. What I am wondering is how patient the coaching staff will be with Alex if he gets off to bad start, let alone the fans.
Originally posted by nazniner:

Good question. What I am wondering is how patient the coaching staff will be with Alex if he gets off to bad start, let alone the fans.

He's gotta start 2-2, 3-2 or better. Anything less is going to put the coaching staff in a bind.

Only way I see Alex starting after a 1-3 start would be if he's playing well but our defense collapses. It's gotta be something totally unrelated to Smith.

After 2 lousy series in his first preseason game "people" are already calling for his head so no matter how well he plays it won't matter to these "people".
This is a team game not just #11's game.

If anybody is going to jump ship then get the f*** off now because you're nothing but a fair weather fan to begin with

Go Niners
Originally posted by Super5:

After 2 lousy series in his first preseason game "people" are already calling for his head so no matter how well he plays it won't matter to these "people".

If anybody is going to jump ship then get the f*** off now because you're nothing but a fair weather fan to begin with

Go Niners

Not after 2 lousy series... after 5 lousy YEARS.

We haven't had a winning season in 8 years. The only people here are die-hard fans and I salute all of you for sticking with this team through thick and thin.

Go Niners

You realize he hasn't even played 3 full years right?

People keep saying "5 yurz dood" and you just look dumb. Bag on the guy all you want but at least get your facts straight.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Yea but you gotta realize he's going against Brees and a healthy Falcons team. But you are correct, to be the best, you have to beat the best. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Go Niners

You realize he hasn't even played 3 full years right?

People keep saying "5 yurz dood" and you just look dumb. Bag on the guy all you want but at least get your facts straight.

So he didn't get paid for those two years he was injured?

Thanks for bringing up the other reason he sucks, he's fragile.
Share 49ersWebzone