LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

QB Strength of Schedule....1st 4 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Granted this is from a fantasy football site, but it's interesting to see who's rated to have the easiest match ups for the first quarter of the season:

This chart below list the SOS for each quarterback as well as the teams they face for the first four weeks of the season.

Rank
Player
Team
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
SOS avg.

Alex Smith
SF
@SEA
NO
@KC
@ATL

Brett Favre
MIN
@NO
MIA
DET
Bye

Philip Rivers
SD
@KC
JAX
@SEA
ARI

Kyle Orton
DEN
@JAX
SEA
IND
@TEN

Jason Campbell
OAK
@TEN
STL
@ARI
HOU

Matt Ryan
ATL
@PIT
ARI
@NO
SF

Donovan McNabb
WAS
DAL
HOU
@STL
@PHI

Matt Cassel
KC
SD
@CLE
SF
Bye

Kevin Kolb
PHI
GB
@DET
@JAX
WAS

Ben Roethlisberger
PIT
ATL
@TEN
@TB
BAL

Drew Brees
NO
MIN
@SF
ATL
CAR

Jay Cutler
CHI
DET
@DAL
GB
@NYG

Matt Leinart
ARI
@STL
@ATL
OAK
@SD

Sam Bradford
STL
ARI
@OAK
WAS
SEA

Peyton Manning
IND
@HOU
NYG
@DEN
@JAX

Eli Manning
NYG
CAR
@IND
TEN
CHI

Aaron Rodgers
GB
@PHI
BUF
@CHI
DET

Josh Freeman
TB
CLE
@CAR
PIT
Bye

Matt Hasselbeck
SEA
SF
@DEN
SD
@STL

Tony Romo
DAL
@WAS
CHI
@HOU
Bye

Matthew Stafford
DET
@CHI
PHI
@MIN
@GB

Matt Moore
CAR
@NYG
TB
CIN
@NO

Matt Schaub
HOU
IND
@WAS
DAL
@OAK

Joe Flacco
BAL
@NYJ
@CIN
CLE
@PIT

Carson Palmer
CIN
@NE
BAL
@CAR
@CLE

Mark Sanchez
NYJ
BAL
NE
@MIA
@BUF

Jake Delhomme
CLE
@TB
KC
@BAL
CIN

David Garrard
JAX
DEN
@SD
PHI
IND

Trent Edwards
BUF
MIA
@GB
@NE
NYJ

Vince Young
TEN
OAK
PIT
@NYG
DEN

Tom Brady
NE
CIN
@NYJ
BUF
@MIA

Chad Henne
MIA
@BUF
@MIN
NYJ
NE

Strength of schedule isn't very reliable as team's competitiveness change from year to year, and sometimes the changes are vast. The Titans were a good example of that last year.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
We really have a tough start to this season. The Saints and Falcons will probably beat us and we don't know what to expect from Philly. Alex has a tough road ahead of him and fans shouldn't jump ship if we lose a couple games to start the season. I would say by midseason if we don't have at least 5 wins, then there is a problem.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
We really have a tough start to this season. The Saints and Falcons will probably beat us and we don't know what to expect from Philly. Alex has a tough road ahead of him and fans shouldn't jump ship if we lose a couple games to start the season. I would say by midseason if we don't have at least 5 wins, then there is a problem.

I have to agree here. I know that after a couple losses people will be calling for 11's head, but I think what you said here is the most logical and level-headed approach to our tough first half of the season. If we go 4-4 in our first 8 games, I think I'd be a little stressed but still confident we'd go ahead and do well to close out the year.
I agree that the first 4-5 games are gonna be tough, and not to worry if we do start out 3-3 or somthing like that.. We have atleast 10 games that we SHOULD win, and 6 games that Im calling toss ups.. Meaning it depends if the Oline and A.Smith play at a high level to win some of those toss up games v.s NO, ATL, PHI, @AZ, GB, and SD. if we cant win atleast 8-10 games the games we should win, and atleast win 2-4 of the toss up games then its going to be tough to advance in the playoffs
New Orleans and the Falcons are hardly what i would consider "easy" for a quarterback.

This
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I agree that the first 4-5 games are gonna be tough, and not to worry if we do start out 3-3 or somthing like that.. We have atleast 10 games that we SHOULD win, and 6 games that Im calling toss ups.. Meaning it depends if the Oline and A.Smith play at a high level to win some of those toss up games v.s NO, ATL, PHI, @AZ, GB, and SD. if we cant win atleast 8-10 games the games we should win, and atleast win 2-4 of the toss up games then its going to be tough to advance in the playoffs

agreed, at least 8-9 are a pretty good lock and 2-3 more a toss up. The only losses i have are NO, ATL, SD GB but then again we could beat all of these teams as well with our D and rb's and te alone
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I have to agree here. I know that after a couple losses people will be calling for 11's head, but I think what you said here is the most logical and level-headed approach to our tough first half of the season. If we go 4-4 in our first 8 games, I think I'd be a little stressed but still confident we'd go ahead and do well to close out the year.

Well, I think it really depends on how he plays during those games. I think people will jump ship depending on his play...

If 11
-can't finish drives
-makes poor decisions
-makes poor throws
-causes turnovers
I believe the whole organization is entitled to jump ship...

However, if 11
-completes high percentage of passes
-makes good decisions (when to run out of bounds, throw ball away, audibles, etc.)
-is accurate with passing
but loses because of poor defensive efforts, or turnovers by the other players, then jumping ship would be a little much...

worst case scenario we start 2-2 we will beat Seattle & Kansas City, Atlanta & New Orleans might be tough, & If Philly falls off like how I think they will then we will be 3-2 right before we go up against Oakland,Carolina,Denver,St.Louis,and Tampa Bay.If we dont shoot ourselfs in the foot like we did last year we will be 8-2 going into week 12
I don't understand why people think the Falcons will be a sure loss. Their offense is legit, but their D is suspect. Should be a good game IMO
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I don't understand why people think the Falcons will be a sure loss. Their offense is legit, but their D is suspect. Should be a good game IMO

I'm guessing because we were their b***h last year
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

worst case scenario we start 2-2 we will beat Seattle & Kansas City, Atlanta & New Orleans might be tough, & If Philly falls off like how I think they will then we will be 3-2 right before we go up against Oakland,Carolina,Denver,St.Louis,and Tampa Bay.If we dont shoot ourselfs in the foot like we did last year we will be 8-2 going into week 12

honestly i wont be too surprised if we start out 1-3 playing in seattle is always hard and they seem to be pretty decent this year either way i still think we will end up with 10 or 11 wins by the end of the season
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by AKfanster:

I'm guessing because we were their b***h last year

Ya, I guess 45-10 has a way of sticking out in your head. But that was with Hill at Qb and Gore on the sideline. Not to mention that the Niners were a little over confident going into that game after beating up on the Rams.
Share 49ersWebzone