LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 410 users in the forums

Choose your 3rd safety

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Choose your 3rd safety

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
David Baas.

He simply was playing out of position at guard. He was an all-state safety in middle school, 16 years ago.

Nice!

Its funny how we had Mark Roman starting just 2 seasons ago, now our Safety depth is very solid!

Smith by far for this season
Don't sleep on Curtis Taylor either.

Overall, I think we have a very good, young group of Safeties.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
2010: Reggie Smith

2011: Both, Mays as SS and Smith as 3rd Safety/Nickle

Agreed.

Something tells me Micheal Lewis may be let go after the season. Cap number plus prone to concussions doesn't bode well for him.
Lets just hope that M Lewis and Westbrook dont knock heads in practice!
can we please resign roman
Either way, the Niners have some good young talent at the safety spot. Mays still has alot to learn. Recently, the Niners have taken things slow with their safeties and it looks like it's paying off.
Goldson is playing fairly well after sitting for a couple years. Now, Smith appears to be taking the same road as Goldson. The team has 2 good young safeties that could be starters for a long time.
If the team doesn't keep Goldson around, the team still has decent options with Curtis Taylor and Taylor Mays.
The safeties should be fairly set for the next 3-5 years.

If the Niners can find a good CB in next years draft, they'll have a very good group of DBs.
Still too early to be buying that T-Pain jersey eh? T-Pain...Love it? Hate it? Nickname I came up while using him on Madden + hit sticking anyone close.
You got to go with Smith over Mays this season and it's not even close. At this point, Mays is more hype than substance.

I'm not sure what to think of Goldson. I really like him, but I'm not sure he is worth what he is asking. I need to see an even better season than he had last year.
I like this question......Reggie Smith...he has earned the right for the spot. And If Goldson does bolt, in the off season I think Reggie could shine, I dont think the tackle numbers would be as high as Dashons, but i see alot of big play potentiol with Reggie.
These two could be our starting safetys in 2011.

Originally posted by Allx9er:

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Right now Smith...but I have high hopes for Mays.
I thought Mays looked lost last week, he played very slow.
I'm impressed with Reggie so far
Share 49ersWebzone