LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

A Day in the Life: Equipment Intern Video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you guys want a break from all the usual training camp chatter, I thought this might light your mood:

Link

This is a video posted on the Niners page which follows a day in the life of an equipment guy and the multitude of jobs those equipment people have to do in the background for training camp to run smoothly.

That guy is Scott Kegley, who usually does articles, photos and videos for 49ers.com and interviews players and such. For the video, he interns with the equipment guys and does all the stuff they do, which is a lot.

I found it interesting to see how much preparation those guys have to do and especially how much work they do even during the training camp sessions. I always thought they have to set up the stuff before, after and between practices, but they could at least get a break while the players are actually practicing. But even then, they have a boatload to do.

The fun parts are where the other equipment guys give him a hard time, because although they know him well as he worked with the Niners for a while now, as an equipment guy he is the noob, so he gets to do the stuff the noobs do. So even the Niners staff do a little hazing

The really hilarious parts come when Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky recruits Kegley as sort of a live dummy for the defensive walkthroughs. So Manusky rides him hard, he has to line up as a receiver and run routes against the likes of Nate Clements, Shawntae Spencer and Patrick Willis!
something, something ALEX SMITH SUXORS!!! something NATE DAVIS!!!! something something something MCCLUELESS!! something something something, something, something something Jimmy Raye FAIL!! something. Something something.
That is the most entertaining video I've yet seen from 49ers.com.
That was cool. And the Lebowski approves of CCR making the soundtrack.
Bring back Crissy Mauck.
Watching right now. Love behind the scenes stuff!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Bring back Crissy Mauck.

word
Originally posted by HessianDud:
something, something ALEX SMITH SUXORS!!! something NATE DAVIS!!!! something something something MCCLUELESS!! something something something, something, something something Jimmy Raye FAIL!! something. Something something.

Good video. I enjoyed it!

Didn't realise that they do so much work.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone