There are 232 users in the forums

All Eyes On Nate Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Alex Smith has had 5 years to prove himself. What other team has given a player that many years to prove himself? Throw Nate in there and lets see what he can do!

nate davis has had two years to win the job and hanst--ergo he sux

He might not win the job soon, but our present bust, I mean, our present qb will be replaced by the 4th game of regular season
i'm excited to see ol nate get in there and mix it up, I dont care what the nfl says preason games are fun to watch, especially for the true fans who know all the players who are on their team and the ones who are trying to make the team and wanna see them play
  • TIM_
  • Veteran
I am not worried about Nate Davis,he should be MORE than fine and in competition for the starting spot NEXT season.
Carr seems solid and accurate and capable of leading the team .
What I am concerned about is our starting QB,so...

...Please Alex,start to show us something special starting this week and continue to get much better as we get near the regular season !!!
GO ALEX !
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
The fans have spoken and we have been answered. Nate will soon shut up the supporters or non supporters. He is set to get "meaningful" snaps and he will facing nfl starters with Raye's qb shuffle in preseason. I'm excited to see what he can do. I've been on the Nate bandwagon and it feels good to see that he's been making some progress and good impressions. What do you guys think?
too be honest except for that one cannon of a throw by nate ( which was a thing of beauty) he didnt have that great of a game he did a lot better last week
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
too be honest except for that one cannon of a throw by nate ( which was a thing of beauty) he didnt have that great of a game he did a lot better last week

i agree. i mean, he did ok. the future is certainly bright, but i think there's nothing wrong with keeping him the #3 for this season.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

i agree. i mean, he did ok. the future is certainly bright, but i think there's nothing wrong with keeping him the #3 for this season.

Yeah. It would be nice if they could get him more practice reps during the season than he got last year though.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Yeah. It would be nice if they could get him more practice reps during the season than he got last year though.

i like the reps hes getting now he can clearly be the number 2 but i dont know how well he will do against starters but he definitally has a lot of talent and i would like to see him get above carr on the depth chart

i like the reps hes getting now he can clearly be the number 2 but i dont know how well he will do against starters but he definitally has a lot of talent and i would like to see him get above carr on the depth chart

After tonight I would be more comfortable with him as the 3rd string. I like the potential alot though. He had a few crazy throws, and was just basically inaccurate. Couple that with his lack of playbook knowledge, and the fact that he was still playing against scrubs for the most part... I think he will be a good quarterback in the future though.

I could change my mind if he gets more minutes against 2nd string... We know that Carr can function against ones, so I think waiting would be the best thing for Nate. That Long throw was pretty incredible though
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d819f2830/Pre-Week-2-Can-t-Miss-Play-That-s-an-arm?module=HP_cp2

nate davis overthrew about 4-5 times...just sayin.....
just watched his interview... not the most eloquent speaker lol.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

After tonight I would be more comfortable with him as the 3rd string. I like the potential alot though. He had a few crazy throws, and was just basically inaccurate. Couple that with his lack of playbook knowledge, and the fact that he was still playing against scrubs for the most part... I think he will be a good quarterback in the future though.

I could change my mind if he gets more minutes against 2nd string... We know that Carr can function against ones, so I think waiting would be the best thing for Nate. That Long throw was pretty incredible though

Actually he has a good grasp of the playbook, maybe not a 100%, but whatever he doesn't know he'll make up for in talent.

Today he continued to show good composure, pocket awareness and the ability to make all the throws and then some. His talents seem to compliment the offense that Singletary/Raye want to run, which is run heavy with accurate play action passes.

Despite some off throws and incompletions, he showed excellent decision making such as running for first downs and not forcing any throws that would result in turnovers. He hasn't shown that he'd be a liability if the starter were to go down.

I think that Dave Carr get's the Damon Huard treatment. Despite playing well, he'll get bumped because it won't payoff in the long run to give him reps at the expense of developing a younger and more talented player.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Nate should win the backup job. Carr stills hold the ball too long which leads to a lot of sacks. [/u]

again like I said in the other thread

what are you talking about, he made more than one play....from basic accurate passes to PA passes to a key 1st down run.....

he had a couple of inaccurate passess...like the one to Ziegler that flew way over his head, but didn't put the team in a bad situation, and for the most part found the open man...even with pass rush in his face...

later on in the game although he was playing scrubs he also had to play along with some as well...it goes both ways....he did a good job driving the team in more than on situation....and had one miss communication with Ginn that could've been a TD in the back of the endzone.
Share 49ersWebzone