LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

Alex Smith Extension?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith Extension?

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I support Alex's extensions

Felt this picture was appropriate for this thread. Slapped it together a while ago just for shiggles.
If by chance we don't make the playoffs this year, Alex Smith needs to be cut. Period.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
If by chance we don't make the playoffs this year, Alex Smith needs to be cut. Period.

Yes. The time is now. Alex Smith, we believe.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Felt this picture was appropriate for this thread. Slapped it together a while ago just for shiggles.

the big pic looks like he just threw a pic lol. gotta find a pic of him doing something heroic or slap on that badass phil jennings pic lol
if alex doesnt perform right away or if we dont reach the playoffs hes a gonner i think hes gone even if we cant even move the ball on offense like last year in most of those games i would love to see nate or carr take some snaps with first string in a few preseason games this year and see how they do
We'll all know if he is our guy or not by the end of this season. Our eyes won't lie and his play on Sundays will tell the entire story. We won't need stats, records, or playoff appearances to know if Smith is our guying heading into next season or not, it will come down to whether he can make plays when we need him to make plays. If he can't get it done, the coaches will thank him for his hard work and commitment, and then say goodbye.
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
If he does get extention do you think he tries to break the bank??? I'm thinking he wont since he got paid with his rookie contract and never lived up to it but who know's

I would love to think that, but this is the NFL. If he has a big year he (his agent) will be making sure he gets paid, and the fact that he was willing to cut his contract the last two years will make them want an even bigger contract to make up for the discount.
all but the 10 interceptions, I would settle for a 30-15 ratio.

If we do extend Alex, it would probably be a 2 year contract comparable to the top 10-15 range of QBs in the league. Im hoping he does well but I cant see him elevating his game to Brees/Manning/Brady status, if he does awesome! But most likely he will fall in the top 10-15 range of QBs, which with our team easily would lead to a playoff birth. If our defense is playing amped, we could pull some upsets in the playoffs, maybe even make it to the title game, but the fantasy ends there.

[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 19, 2010 at 05:52:23 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rigs49:
How about no thanks!

The day is near, he wont be around very long....

• Chief
  • Veteran
I say we tamper with Manning or Brady and let Smith become a FA.

Can you imagine one of those guys in this offense?

That aside, (since it won't happen.), I hope Alex Smith proves me wrong and is a great QB, because I think even though he is a nice, smart kid.. He is just an average NFL QB.

**crosses fingers**
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I support Alex's extensions

This was far better than what I was about to say.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
We'll all know if he is our guy or not by the end of this season. Our eyes won't lie and his play on Sundays will tell the entire story. We won't need stats, records, or playoff appearances to know if Smith is our guying heading into next season or not, it will come down to whether he can make plays when we need him to make plays. If he can't get it done, the coaches will thank him for his hard work and commitment, and then say goodbye.

If that's the case, we might as well cut his ass right now.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

the big pic looks like he just threw a pic lol. gotta find a pic of him doing something heroic or slap on that badass phil jennings pic lol

I thought he was having a private conversation with his Junk... "no little smith, not here, not now..."
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Yes. The time is now. Alex Smith, we believe.

What??
Share 49ersWebzone