• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:
Originally posted by susweel:
If they sign this loser to an extension before the season even starts then this organization is truly doomed.

Relax susweel, its already been said that negotiations won't be made till the end of the season.

I just hope Smith doesn't play good enough just to get an extension, I hope he lights it up this year.

I hope they never sign him to an extension, Smith is just not a championship QB.

I would rather we go in a different direction.

since were speculating...what if Smith wins a championship this year....

Depends, was it a Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer type of win or a Peyton Manning vs Bears type of win???

Let's not forget that Roethlisberger was hardly impressive in his SB win, yet he is now a really good QB. Once a QB fits the system, you don't kick him out just because you think there might be a better one somewhere out there. You keep him, and develop someone else to press him and eventually replace him. I don't think the Baltimore Ravens sending Trent Dilfer packing was the right decision. They thought they got a better QB in Elvis Grbac, but it turned out to be wrong. Grbac underperformed severely, and retired after a year. The Ravens struggled to find a QB for years. For better or worse, Dilfer was hardly flashy in 2000, but he played better than the QBs that succeeded him.

There's a difference though, Big Ben was a good QB before his Super Bowl win vs. Seattle. And the Ravens made the right choice, only they replaced him with another crappy ass QB. They should've just drafted a QB, instead they chose Todd Heap. Regardless, they still went to the playoffs with Grbac. Lets hope Baalke, makes the right decision if that were to happen to us.
We must win the division this year. We must get to the playoffs. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Alex must produce. If he does he deserves a contract, if he doesn't he deserves to be shipped off the team. Simple as that.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
If they sign this loser to an extension before the season even starts then this organization is truly doomed.

Relax susweel, its already been said that negotiations won't be made till the end of the season.

I just hope Smith doesn't play good enough just to get an extension, I hope he lights it up this year.

I hope they never sign him to an extension, Smith is just not a championship QB.

Fly, do you not like Alex Smith??
Originally posted by fly15:

What team do you support?
Originally posted by English:

Yeah, that's a good question. True, Alex may not be a "championship" qb but he does have the abilities to use the players around him and be a key part of this team. He doesn't have to throw for 4500 yards and 40 td's(although it would be nice). All he needs to do is limit his int's and make good throws.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

The London Silly Nanies

The London Silly Nanies

They are all Packers fans.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

The London Silly Nanies

• fly15
  • Veteran

The London Silly Nanies

Thank you Susweel...
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

he's in the closet

The London Silly Nanies

they have a solid squad, the qb sucks though
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Chico, to be honest with u'all I like Alex, I just dont like the way he plays. I understand he's the starter for 2010, I just lost faith on him. I was very excited when he got another chance during the Texan game last year, but I think he failed again, and if he fails, we all fail.
Originally posted by fastforward:

Depends, was it a Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer type of win or a Peyton Manning vs Bears type of win???

Let's not forget that Roethlisberger was hardly impressive in his SB win, yet he is now a really good QB. Once a QB fits the system, you don't kick him out just because you think there might be a better one somewhere out there. You keep him, and develop someone else to press him and eventually replace him. I don't think the Baltimore Ravens sending Trent Dilfer packing was the right decision. They thought they got a better QB in Elvis Grbac, but it turned out to be wrong. Grbac underperformed severely, and retired after a year. The Ravens struggled to find a QB for years. For better or worse, Dilfer was hardly flashy in 2000, but he played better than the QBs that succeeded him.

Good point. But lets not forget the refs won that Superbowl for the Steelers.
Share 49ersWebzone