There are 250 users in the forums

Alex Smith Extension?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith Extension?

What would it take to extend Alex Smith's contract? If this is truly his make or break year than his performance will definitely be a deciding factor.
Super Bowl
Originally posted by prime21:
What would it take to extend Alex Smith's contract? If this is truly his make or break year than his performance will definitely be a deciding factor.

Its all bout the Trophys...the closer we get to that, the BETTER
Stats don't mean as much if you're not in the playoffs. The wins matter.

So a playoff berth is the logical choice. Plus, if you're in the playoffs, it's more likely that your starting QB has good numbers. So again, that's the easy pick.
the only way he gets an extensin is if he LEADS this team to the playoffs.
If he does get extention do you think he tries to break the bank??? I'm thinking he wont since he got paid with his rookie contract and never lived up to it but who know's
I believe that we need a playoff berth for Alex to get another shot with this team. If he doesnt have what it takes, then he better pull a Glen Coffee and hang em up.
How about no thanks!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Super Bowl

We should settle for nothing less!
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
If he does get extention do you think he tries to break the bank??? I'm thinking he wont since he got paid with his rookie contract and never lived up to it but who know's

If he tries to "break the bank" we can give him a kick to the curb and move on!

Is this really a thread
Let him hit the free market no matter what.. I wanna see how much teams would be wiling to offer knowing he needs a full year in a system before he can even become effective.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

I would say all of the above except the 10 int thing.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Aug 19, 2010 at 23:43:03 ]
I support Alex's extensions

Share 49ersWebzone