There are 278 users in the forums

Who gets cut out of the list?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who gets cut out of the list?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by susweel:
I would cut both Hill and Ziegler and bring in some fresh meat.

I also would cut Mrob and Morran Norris.

Now your taking. There has to be some veteran #5 WR that can produce more than these guys. Also, there isn't much demand on FBs but not sure if there are any good ones out there. I'd like to see what Miller can do. Either way I UPGRADE BOTH #5 WR AND FULLBACK NEXT YEAR barring an emergence of someone.

Out of this list if any of them do get cut it would be Hill because I think the coaches like Zeigler more.

yah he must give better head
I get the impression that Hill is already skating on thin ice with the coaching staff, unless he shows up and makes something happen, I don't see him here that much longer.
Someone made a good point in the Jones released thread. Cody Wallace should be next without a doubt. Baas is a free agent after this year but I have no doubt that him or Wragge could be better backups. I'd lose Wallace because he can only play one position. Keeping Baas because he can play multiple positions.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 18, 2010 at 16:08:46 ]
suck, but it'll probably be hill. He's been on the coaching staff's s**t list for a while now.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
This probably won't make me too popular, but I think the worst WR on our roster right now is Josh Morgan. I can't figure out what happened between Jason Hill and the coaching staff, but I know he is not liked, at least not by Singletary. I recall him getting on the field for the first time against Tennessee last year and scoring 2 TDs in limited action, and then returning to the bench. I assume it was him celebrating after his second TD that got him more pine-time. Even still, Hill seems to be a quality receiver who steps up in third down situations.

As for Morgan, he seems to have an up and down attitude, inconsistent hands, and average at best speed. Does anyone recall him getting chased down and tackled on what should have been a sure TD against Atlanta? To be fair, he had two big plays last season, one which definitely helped win a game. Ironically, neither of them were receiving plays. One was when he fell on a Gore fumble against the Bears, had he not, I think we would have lost that game. The other was on a nice kickoff return, it was probably the best return of the season.

If I'm the Niners, and those are the WRs I have to choose between, I'm cutting Morgan. I know it isn't going to happen, but that is what I would do.

The 2 TDs was against the Lions. You are right and I agree with what you said about Hill and Morgan. However, I wouldn't cut Morgan but if he doesn't step it up I would have no problem with a team signing/drafting a #2 WR.

It was against the Titans. =) Hill's TD celebration on the second one did come at an inappropriate time in a very frustrating loss.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Crabtree > Morgan > Ginn > Hill > Zeigler
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex

and thats why ur credibility here is almost 0
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I am thinking about Soap or Hill... but i am most thinking about Soap............

IS YOU KRAZY?!?!?!?!?!?!? Wait, nevermind....

Sup BuZzB28! You almost had me there for a second...

Come on.. I think, i am good eyes on them player.. i said Roman and Battle are sux... they find out later and too late that i am made the right!! Most of ppl said Lawson all the time but he is play very well.. I just talked about pwillis and give in thread when they find out.. they love pwillis.. that is why.. that is me!! i am good my manner sports...
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

It was against the Titans. =) Hill's TD celebration on the second one did come at an inappropriate time in a very frustrating loss.

Sorry, you are right. Either way I agree though. Like I said I'd have no problem replacing Morgan or bumping him down if he doesn't step up. I know he has potential but he needs to step it up. I almost talked myself into wanting us to take Bryant this year. That could have been potentially the best wr duo in the NFL or blew up in our faces. I was surprised when he signed first because I thought he might want to hold out. He seems to be doing well... I thought being out of football for most of the year might have hurt him. That being said we needed our two big mama jamas.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex

and thats why ur credibility here is almost 0

ohhhh man, NOT you again. Im out of here, thanks to you im at six5 and you're not wort* it.
credibility??? you dont even have a clue what that means

Originally posted by kidash:
I am thinking about Soap or Hill... but i am most thinking about Soap............

IS YOU KRAZY?!?!?!?!?!?!? Wait, nevermind....

Sup BuZzB28! You almost had me there for a second...

Come on.. I think, i am good eyes on them player.. i said Roman and Battle are sux... they find out later and too late that i am made the right!! Most of ppl said Lawson all the time but he is play very well.. I just talked about pwillis and give in thread when they find out.. they love pwillis.. that is why.. that is me!! i am good my manner sports...

lol
I chose Jason Hill, although I would rather keep him and let Robinson go. It will probably come down to Zig continueing to shine and whether Hill can prove he is more valueable than Robinson on specail teams.........
There's a pretty good chance that they all make the roster.

MRob'll make it as a special teamer and emergency back.

Last year we went into the season with 6 receivers. I think those 6 will likely be Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Hill, Williams, and Zeigler.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Hill

i cant believe the team chose Hill over Jones
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Hill's days are numbered, I'm afraid. The staff has never been sold on him, for whatever reason.

He drops a lot of passes for me in Madden, that is enough reason to cut him.
Share 49ersWebzone