LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

My theory on what happened with Balmer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That very well may be the case, or it might not. =) If that is how it transpired, then I'm very happy with the RJF selection, and I wish Balmer the best. I remember the day Balmer was drafted, he said he was so excited because he had always been a 49er fan. Assuming that was true, I wonder if that is still the case.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
What does OTB mean?

Older Than Boast
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
What does OTB mean?

Older Than Boast

Another way of saying it's old news...

[ Edited by kidash on Aug 18, 2010 at 15:50:57 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
What does OTB mean?

Originally posted by KOniner:
Been giving it some thought and believe the reason why Balmer was traded was because he felt he was not given a fair number of snaps during practice. This is strictly theory mind you but compare it to this situation.

You just came graduated from Stanford with an MBA and was hired at a Fortune 50 company to be a Senior Director. You fully expect to be VP within a year after you get your feet wet. But things seem a little too fast that first year but continue to learn the ropes. A year later the company hires a guy straight out of no-name state college. The person may not have had the same pedigree as you but starts working his butt off at the company, staying late, and arriving early. Another year passes and the VP is out on extended leave but you know will return soon. During the meantime the company needs to replace him. You feel you should be next in line because of your degree but low and behold that guy from no-name state who outproduces you is named to hold the fort while the VP is out. You are pissed since you were the guy who was highly touted and you expected to be that guy.

Well I think that was what happened here. Balmer was the first round pick who expected to take the snaps while Franklin was out. But Ricky Jean-Francis --- the guy who was an afterthought 7th round pick from a year later --- is the guy that gets the first team snaps. I think human nature and pride came in. I assume he felt jaded that he was not even getting at least an equal amount fo the first team snaps that Jean-Francis -- a 7th round pick that was on the practice squad -- was getting. That was probably the reason for the Singletary meeting and you know Sing. He does not want debutantes. I assume Kentwan was saying why don't you give me some first team snaps to show what I have while Franklin is out. Sing's response was probably you need to work at it before you earn it. And Kentwan probably replied I was hurt all of last year and now that I am healthy, am a whole lot better then Jean-Francis if you let me at least have some first team snaps. Of course Sing wouldn't have any of that.

But this is all just conjecture and having some dumb extra time to talk about. Please don't flame since I am NOT basing this on fact. Just talking to myself.

If he was that mentally weak and had had that much of a sense of entitlement then he won't ever make it in the NFL much less a Singletary team.
Who cares why. Forget about the bum already.
The only thing Bummer proved in the games he played that he couldn't get it done.
Originally posted by fly15:
What does OTB mean?

Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
What does OTB mean?

Older Than Boast

Another way of saying it's old news...

Thanks!
isn't this more or less what has been reported by the Matt's?

Originally posted by HessianDud:
isn't this more or less what has been reported by the Matt's?

Purdy Much...

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:
What does OTB mean?

So, what do you think about the theory??
Cry baby! I could have told anyone that. He was known as an underachiever and not self motivated coming out of college. Rude awakening for him....Seattle is no different...THIS IS THE NFL...NO BABYING HERE!!! PURE BUST!!!!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
im not reading all of that
I read your post...! i think you put alot of effort and thought into it!
great job!!!
Share 49ersWebzone