LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Is Baas permanent answer at center?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Baas permanent answer at center?

Originally posted by BasharCali49:
He definitely is not the answer. Did you guys see him get dominated last year like I did? The 49ers could do so much better at that position.

dominated??? Maybe as a RG but at Center? Not even close.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It's a nice problem to have, if Heitmann comes back strong. By the way, Heitmann is just a year and a half older than Baas but has three more years experience.

I hope Heitmann comes back and he's 100%. Heitmann> Baas

Why? Baas was our best O-lineman last year and I saw a lot more push on the line with Baas in there.

Competition = good. With Baas back, we have more flexibility. It's very possible that the only O Lineman we have who has reached his full potential is Heitman.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It's a nice problem to have, if Heitmann comes back strong. By the way, Heitmann is just a year and a half older than Baas but has three more years experience.

I hope Heitmann comes back and he's 100%. Heitmann> Baas

Why? Baas was our best O-lineman last year and I saw a lot more push on the line with Baas in there.

Competition = good. With Baas back, we have more flexibility. It's very possible that the only O Lineman we have who has reached his full potential is Heitman.

I agree that competition is good, but my question was why is Heitmann better than Baas in your opinion?
Quote:
Baas, of course, settled down and became the team's best and most consistent offensive lineman last season. But as I noted last week, the 49ers have not solved the position.
Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/report-49ers-wa.html#ixzz1HGL0dVoH
Keep Baas at center move Heitman to guard back to where he was originally.
  • dj43
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I don't think the 49ers are planning on having Heitmann back. Neck injuries are a big deal. It would be a bonus if he were able to play again but they must act as if he will not be in the mix. If that is the case, they can't afford to let Baas walk. Even though he is nothing more than a journeyman, they have too many other greater needs than to be without both of those guys.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I don't think the 49ers are planning on having Heitmann back. Neck injuries are a big deal. It would be a bonus if he were able to play again but they must act as if he will not be in the mix. If that is the case, they can't afford to let Baas walk. Even though he is nothing more than a journeyman, they have too many other greater needs than to be without both of those guys.

Yeah, I agree about Heitman's neck injury. If he's a no go for next year we need a good young guy backing up at both the center and guard position. Baas doesn't have a good history when it comes to injuries either. I see Wragge playing the needed backup role, but I'd rather have a younger player as backup while learning.

Last year was Baas' full season at center. I think Baas will be a very good center with more time exclusively at the position.
Baas is the man until further notice. Who knows what freeagency will bring if it ever arrives.
Baas is a boss!
Share 49ersWebzone