There are 240 users in the forums

Thats a great idea

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great, I think it's best to evaluate them ASAP so we can decide to hold 'em or fold 'em. If they are worth keep in then let's develop them to the ma.
lol, this is funny...they do this every preseason to sure up a position.

it's called a position battle people
that's good news. seriously how long does it take to learn a playbook even with dyslexia? what would Nate do if Raye were to move on, would that mean 2-3 more years learning a new playbook? c'mon, now is the time to see what we have in this kid.
Gawddamn I love it when you have no idea what a thread is about from its title! Great reading! Ralph Macchio fell off after Karate Kid 2. What do you think?
If this isn't a direct shot across the bow and message to Alex Smith -- well -- it should be.

It means that his hold on the starting job isn't as safe as he might think. It means that the "powers that be" are having second thoughts. It means Singletary is kicking Alex squarely in the keester.

That message is: "Get it done -- or sit down."

Best news I've heard all day. I like the new attitude coming from Niner Central.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
mattbarrows

Jimmy Raye: team will experiment with getting Nate Davis into the game earlier in next two preseason games.

i love that idea now we will know what Nate and Dixon has to offer

And i agree with you ninernation Miacco is falling of since joining comcast

MattB is da man right now

Maybe they are getting him ready for when Alex crashes and burns.

Wow the thread is already about to get hijacked by the haters. Here's an idea, lets focus on Nate getting a great opportunity to prove he can beat up on starters and not just backups playing a base defense. If/when he does do well against 1st teamers then we can be overjoyed with having a great backup, and a coach who isn't afraid to pull someone who isn't performing to the level they should.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
If this isn't a direct shot across the bow and message to Alex Smith -- well -- it should be.

It means that his hold on the starting job isn't as safe as he might think. It means that the "powers that be" are having second thoughts. It means Singletary is kicking Alex squarely in the keester.

Best news I've heard all day. I like the new attitude coming from Niner Central.

you are reaching
lol if Nate jacks the starting QB job.

I don't care who gets it as long as its the best person suited for the job.
it is a great idea. they have to start really evaluating davis to see if he's going to be worth a roster spot long term.

i saw bird poo on the ground today in the shape of a dollar sign,am i going to win the lottery tonight? no, im probably just reading to much into some sh!t

This isn't about challenging Smith for the starting job...IMO, this is about challenging Carr for the #2 spot. It's like moving him from A- to AA to see if he can handle the next jump in competition.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 18, 2010 at 12:44:23 ]
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
mattbarrows

Jimmy Raye: team will experiment with getting Nate Davis into the game earlier in next two preseason games.

i love that idea now we will know what Nate and Dixon has to offer

And i agree with you ninernation Miacco has falling off since joining comcast

MattB is da man right now

Wow!! Looks like the lightbulb is finally flickering. We need to see what he can do against 1st stringers and having a 1st string line, WR's, RB's...etc. Davis has looked very fluid dating back from last year.
I think this is only a great idea if he takes snaps from Carr. I think Smith needs all the reps he can get during the preseason. I want Smith to play at least the whole 1st half in every preseason game.
Originally posted by valrod33:

you are reaching

You think so? I don't.

Val -- you just don't hand out reps to your third stringer "just because." There's a reason for the madness.

Remember -- the Niners parted ways with Smith's biggest supporter in McClueless. They have no loyalty to Alex whatsoever.

To me? Raye's announcement means they're still not sold on Smith. I wouldn't rule out a trade either dude. Like -- bringing someone new in.
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:

i saw bird poo on the ground today in the shape of a dollar sign,am i going to win the lottery tonight? no, im probably just reading to much into some sh!t

Wow. What a great observation. What a grand addition you are to Niner Talk.
Share 49ersWebzone