LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Game 1 - FIRST HALF - closer offensive look

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
It should also be noted that Smith's screen pass to Ginn and pass to D. Walker were high...

So was montana's pass to Clark

Please don't compare Smith to Montana, that is just silly. I was merely just adding a few details that oldman seemed to disregard, although it was still a good analysis overall!

And Montana, as always, threw his high passes soft enough to give the receiver a chance.

If the "The Catch" was thrown hard, it would be known instead as, "a drop".

"High and hard" is a very difficult pass to grab.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Man, tell me about it. Aside from trying hard to focus on 1 position each play, it's extremely hard to really see the intricacies that can be observed from replaying the events. I love the DVR and big screen!

It's a little easier once you hit regular season. It's tough with all these new guys and everyone getting switched in and out all game long. Plus some of these guys I see the number and am like who is that? Once the final roster comes around I know all the numbers but it's hard when we sign guys like Bobby Guillory and he is in the game a few days later. Like you said though I will start off on a play intending to watch someone and it's easy to lose them or someone else catches my eye. I haven't been doing it long but I bet it gets easier. Plus you probably start to see live games better.

Anyways, I've got a 46 inch Samsung LCD but I held off on high def until the price goes down. Dish offers free hd for life but Directv only does for 2 years. I think sooner or later they will stop charging for it. Even though the dish upgrade would be free I'd have to buy 3 receivers but they are 99.00 a pop. It's a lot of hassle upgrading... once they stop charging for hd and hd receivers become the standard and are free I will probably do it. The satellite bill is already 70.00 a month and they keep adding 3.00 to a package cost every so often. Not to mention Sunday Ticket went up again. Good news is no more super fan and all that stuff is included. Can't wait to watch 8 games on one channel. I have in the past but they only give you a 1 week preview of that stuff. Probably won't use the redzone channel because I usually flip back and forth myself. The short cuts will be great for breaking down the film. 20 minutes for the whole game... that will save a lot of space on my hard drive.

I've got an old polaroid (I think like the camera brand) dvr... its alright but basically wanted to find one that wasn't tivo based/satellite company based. I don't record enough to pay 10.00 a month. You have Sunday Ticket right? Did you have Superfan in the past? Can't wait to have all that stuff included...
Originally posted by Gore_21:
[ Not to mention Sunday Ticket went up again. Good news is no more super fan and all that stuff is included. Can't wait to watch 8 games on one channel. I have in the past but they only give you a 1 week preview of that stuff. Probably won't use the redzone channel because I usually flip back and forth myself. The short cuts will be great for breaking down the film. 20 minutes for the whole game... that will save a lot of space on my hard drive.

I've got an old polaroid (I think like the camera brand) dvr... its alright but basically wanted to find one that wasn't tivo based/satellite company based. I don't record enough to pay 10.00 a month. You have Sunday Ticket right? Did you have Superfan in the past? Can't wait to have all that stuff included...

Yeah, I get Sunday Ticket every year. I honestly have not looked into any of the other stuff you have mentioned though. The 8 games on 1 channel sounds tempting, but if I split my attention up too much like that, I end up being able to focus and absorb little of each, I'm betting. I do wish I could record more games per week on the DVR, as I am a fan of a number of other teams, and often miss out.
I was hoping this thread would show up. Good job.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I was hoping this thread would show up. Good job.

Ah, glad you liked.

... and if people strongly disagree with something about a play observation, I'm always open to differing opinions on it. Whether I end up convinced or not... well that's another matter.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Yeah, I get Sunday Ticket every year. I honestly have not looked into any of the other stuff you have mentioned though. The 8 games on 1 channel sounds tempting, but if I split my attention up too much like that, I end up being able to focus and absorb little of each, I'm betting. I do wish I could record more games per week on the DVR, as I am a fan of a number of other teams, and often miss out.

It's a little tough to follow but it's cool especially week one when they all kick off around the same time and I get so amped. Years previous I would just flip around to different games not really staying on one too long. I will give the 8 games on one channel (Gamemix) a shot for now. If it gets to hard to follow I will probably go back to my old style. You can move the audio around so you can listen to one of the 8 games that you want so that's cool but you are right it is a little crazy.

When the sunday ticket channels pop up edit your favorites or whatever to include like 701-704 or so because those are those extra features. As far as shortcuts go they replay the games monday and tuesday and cut out all the commercials and in between each play so it's one play after another. It cuts the entire game to 20-30 minutes and you don't miss anything. It will be easier to tape that then tape the games and go through commercials. They replay every game multiple times one after another so you could watch other games as well. Also, all games in high definition now. You should look into those bonus stuff since it is now included in the basic price where years past it was 99.00 extra.

I'll give you a rundown of what shortcuts looks like... there are two channels and they play them all day monday and tuesday.

Channel 1 bengals, dolphins, 49ers, eagles, redskins
Channel 2 Colts , lions, vikings, bears , jets

Each of those is a half hour block where they replay the game. If it says Bengals they show whoever played the Bengals that week. once they get done with that one they move on to the next team and they keep going on two channels for both days. So you could record a bunch of games and like I said they are only 20-30 minutes because they cut out everything that isn't related to the play itself. It's one play after the next.

Hopefully it isn't confusing but I think you would like it.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
It should also be noted that Smith's screen pass to Ginn and pass to D. Walker were high...

So was montana's pass to Clark

Montana's pass to Clark wasn't a screen play, nor was it thrown into coverage in the middle of the field.

It was thrown into coverage in the back of the endzone
Share 49ersWebzone