There are 239 users in the forums

Why does everyone hate on Baas? When Chilo sucks too

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
One game, people. Relax! He's playing between two new starters, and that is going to be a big challenge.

Cody Wallace >>>>>>>>>>> Eric Heitmann

suck on that

Wallace is our 4th string center. If we had a 5th center on the roster, he'd be our 5th stringer.

For the record, I had Notre Dame center John Sullivan on my 2008 draft board graded three rounds higher than Wallace, who I believed was a 6th round talent, at best. Wallace went to the Niners at 4, Sullivan to the Vikings at 6, and the rest is history.

Another disasterous draft selection, as I stated on draft day.

Any thoughts on Boone and his progression?

You know we keep hearing how he's in shape but i'm not hearing about how he is actually performing.

75-Alex Boone: Entered at beginning of second half at left tackle and played the rest of the way, 31 snaps. He was called for a holding penalty, but his feet looked much better than last summer. He did a very good job in the second half of handling defensive end Ervin Baldwin one-on-one.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/17/10/Maiocco-49ers-Offensive-Recap/landing_maiocco_v3.html?full_args=08/17/10/Maiocco-49ers-Offensive-Recap/landing_maiocco_v3&blockID=291984&feedID=5936
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
When Wragge sucks too. Bass is hating on Chilo. Everyone hates Heitmann why. When Staley is good. Iupati might sucks too. When Davis is doing ok.

I think you meant to login to your BuZzB28 account to post this
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Why does everyone hate on Baas? When Chilo sucks too.

Hell during the colts game Chilo was getting owned on about 70% of the plays.

We really need him to step it up or maybe they will have to start Wragge

Because Chilo went to USC and Baas went to Michigan. It's called "CA BIAS." There is lots of that on the WZ. The other factor is people on the WZ think every player who went to USC or CAL is a superstar. Those are the 2 favored schools on 49ers WZ. That's why. Any more questions?...

My favorite SD post EVER!
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Because Chilo went to USC and Baas went to Michigan. It's called "CA BIAS." There is lots of that on the WZ. The other factor is people on the WZ think every player who went to USC or CAL is a superstar. Those are the 2 favored schools on 49ers WZ. That's why. Any more questions?...

And add in players from Hawaii. Ashley Lelie was being defended like he was Rice junior.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have been saying this for a long time now Chilo sucks big rhinoceros cocks.
Originally posted by susweel:

For a hobby? Sounds dangerous
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

And add in players from Hawaii. Ashley Lelie was being defended like he was Rice junior.

Really? Maybe my memory isn't so good but I seem to recall more criticism than not. I'd say at his signing, he might have had a slight majority of support but by the time the games came around, most were calling him out for being soft and lazy.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:

For a hobby? Sounds dangerous

yah he's a thrill seeker

Once you go black [rhino], you never go back?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Once you go black [rhino], you never go back?

Originally posted by teeohh:

I'd say that us cal fans aren't that big of homers. The only superstar we had last year was Best, and he's the only player that got that kind of love. Desean Jackson as well because he was a superstar. There's also Zack Follet who went in the seventh round last year who I was very high on, and he's starting for the lions now. This season? Shane Vereen if we're lucky. There haven't been many Cal prospects drafted lately anyway, just 6 the last two years so I'm not sure why you mentioned that.

And the reason why no one hates on Chilo is because he has a "pancake city" tattoo, who can hate on that.

He didnt say you were homers, he said there is a huge CA bias on these boards, which is true. Think about this, if DeSean Jackson had played in the SEC, would anyone have given him a second thought when we passed on him, let alone still be obsessed with him three years later?
Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by teeohh:

I'd say that us cal fans aren't that big of homers. The only superstar we had last year was Best, and he's the only player that got that kind of love. Desean Jackson as well because he was a superstar. There's also Zack Follet who went in the seventh round last year who I was very high on, and he's starting for the lions now. This season? Shane Vereen if we're lucky. There haven't been many Cal prospects drafted lately anyway, just 6 the last two years so I'm not sure why you mentioned that.

And the reason why no one hates on Chilo is because he has a "pancake city" tattoo, who can hate on that.

He didnt say you were homers, he said there is a huge CA bias on these boards, which is true. Think about this, if DeSean Jackson had played in the SEC, would anyone have given him a second thought when we passed on him, let alone still be obsessed with him three years later?

No is the answer...
how about if baas holds at center then we can move heitman to RG and keep chilo on the bench as back up. then we'd have

LT staley
LG iupati
C bass
RG heitman
RT davis, a

interesting i say. but i'm thnking heitman has bout 2-3 years left on him so we'd probably want to chilo to you know actually improve and be the RG we want him to be.
Why are there always so many excuses for poor play? Chilo played a horrible game, but it's Baas and Davis' fault because he's not used to playing next to them.

LMAO. What a joke.

It's only preseason blah blah blah. Chilo has never played well, especially in pass protection. He gets owned all the time. It's funny how people say he played stronger at the end of last year.. You mean when Alex was in the shotgun 70% of the time? Alex is a lot more comfortable in a spread-style offense and operated a lot smoother. Alex and the offensive change made Chilo look a little better. He's now going back to getting owned on a regular basis in our "smash mouth" offense.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to succeed, but I refuse to sit here and make excuses for anybody playing poorly. If you suck, you suck. Work on it and get better.
Originally posted by GEEK:
One game, people. Relax! He's playing between two new starters, and that is going to be a big challenge.

Cody Wallace >>>>>>>>>>> Eric Heitmann

suck on that

Wallace is our 4th string center. If we had a 5th center on the roster, he'd be our 5th stringer.

For the record, I had Notre Dame center John Sullivan on my 2008 draft board graded three rounds higher than Wallace, who I believed was a 6th round talent, at best. Wallace went to the Niners at 4, Sullivan to the Vikings at 6, and the rest is history.

Another disasterous draft selection, as I stated on draft day.

yeah Cody is pretty terrible. I doubt he makes the team this year with Baas and Wragge able to play C.

I remember being happy since Mel had him ranked as his #1 center. I never saw the guy play, but Mel and Scotty whiffed on that pick
Share 49ersWebzone