LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

I'm surprised that no one is talking about Iupati...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man, I just kept rewinding the plays. He's such a mauler! Great extension and quick feet were the order of the day. I kept seeing him just keep playing until the whistle blew. If there was no one around, he would find someone to hit. He routinely got upfield.

I am now more excited about Iupati than ever seeing him play. This is just the first game of the preseason. Imagine what this beast will do in December.

You can just see it... There went Dockett!

This kid is going to be going to the Probowl as a rookie. I am calling it now.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Joecool:
From Rod Brooks, "The run game is going to be savage."

Look at a lot of 3rd and shorts with our O-line pushing the pile. Man, this is what pumped me up about this game.

RIGHT. Its not so much that we were opening big holes, but just as importantly we were driving the other team backwards to get guaranteed short yardage. That touchdown run by M-Rob was a perfect example of what our line is capable of.
Lets see what we do against the Williams duo next week, that will be a rumble.

The best thing about that is that we have one of the best blocking TE's in the league. What's even better is that he's also the fastest TE in the league.

Now only if Smith can get him the ball.

Very happy with the play of Iupati. Guy is going to be an anchor for years to come.

QB's managed to get the ball to Vernon last year I expect once the season roles around it will happen again.
He looks like a beast in the making to me.
So... we're not talking much about him again because he's doing what he's expected to do.

Nice.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Must be because the guy is a beast!

this
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Must be because the guy is a beast!

this

That
My thoughts on him so far:
This guy can be a road grader and I think he will step in day one and help us. He played pretty well but a couple times I think he got away with holding. He looks pretty good on pass blocking as well. All it takes is for one holding penalty to kill a drive and possibly end a game. Even Singletary went over to him on the sidelines and said Iupati... stop the holding... (not sure what he said back).... they where saying it was you that was holding. I seen him hold/tackle at least 2 guys in just the first half.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Man, I just kept rewinding the plays. He's such a mauler! Great extension and quick feet were the order of the day. I kept seeing him just keep playing until the whistle blew. If there was no one around, he would find someone to hit. He routinely got upfield.

I am now more excited about Iupati than ever seeing him play. This is just the first game of the preseason. Imagine what this beast will do in December.

took it too far there dude....someone always does

pffft..... you're just saying that cuz' you have his jersey...

Originally posted by kidash:

pffft..... you're just saying that cuz' you have his jersey...

Jersey? More like a blanket.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
He is a guard drafted in the first round, it speaks for itself.

Alex was drafted in the 1st round
Iupati did real good...
All this love for iupati is ignoring the obvious; he has a propensity to hold and has, and both he and Davis' strengths are the run blocking, yet there were few holes in the Vikes game. Granted, they are probably the best defense we'll face, but there's a lot of work for the youngsters to do before we can heap accolades. Oddly, their pass protect, an admitted weakness, appeared to be stronger than the run blocking , at least this past game. once Iupati refines his game and eliminates the holding, he can be special. He's not there yet, which is to be expected.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
All this love for iupati is ignoring the obvious; he has a propensity to hold and has, and both he and Davis' strengths are the run blocking, yet there were few holes in the Vikes game. Granted, they are probably the best defense we'll face, but there's a lot of work for the youngsters to do before we can heap accolades. Oddly, their pass protect, an admitted weakness, appeared to be stronger than the run blocking , at least this past game. once Iupati refines his game and eliminates the holding, he can be special. He's not there yet, which is to be expected.

2 rookies versus one of the best DLs in the game? They did better than expected imo.
So... we're not talking much about him again because he's doing what he's expected to do.

Nice.

Exactly.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:
He is a guard drafted in the first round, it speaks for itself.

Alex was drafted in the 1st round
Iupati did real good...

Alex was a QB. That's why he said he was a guard drafted in the first round. which means you are expected to be a bad ass guard if you get picked that high
Share 49ersWebzone