LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

I'm surprised that no one is talking about Iupati...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Because NT is all about b***hing and whining.

why are you always so negative?

Its because he's the richest mofo on here.
Originally posted by susweel:

I dunno. I think he, shaj and jim are pretty close. They all own slaves.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

I dunno. I think he, shaj and jim are pretty close. They all own slaves.

Man those dudes are so rich they own white slaves.
From Rod Brooks, "The run game is going to be savage."

Look at a lot of 3rd and shorts with our O-line pushing the pile. Man, this is what pumped me up about this game.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
or RJF

i thought rjf was solid yesterday

If you have the game recorded, watch RJF closely. Its not easy to track him, but try. That guy goes sideline to sideline making plays with athleticism. And then when you check to see if he is holding his ground, the answer is an emphatic yes.
Not only this but he made a couple explosive plays behind the line of scrimmage.
I think the Colts O-line is overrated, but nevertheless RJF's play is something we NEED to have this year. One NT is not enough for an elite defense; and that's what we want to be.

Its funny about Iupati because nobody is talking about his good play because well, we were all kind of expecting it. But ya, Iupati can play.
One thing I noticed is that David Baas favored helping out Iupati over Rachal in pass protection. So it was not often we got to see him one-on-one in pass pro.
Next week will be a REAL test.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
or RJF

If you have the game recorded, watch RJF closely. Its not easy to track him, but try. That guy goes sideline to sideline making plays with athleticism. And then when you check to see if he is holding his ground, the answer is an emphatic yes.
Not only this but he made a couple explosive plays behind the line of scrimmage.
I think the Colts O-line is overrated, but nevertheless RJF's play is something we NEED to have this year. One NT is not enough for an elite defense; and that's what we want to be.

Its funny about Iupati because nobody is talking about his good play because well, we were all kind of expecting it. But ya, Iupati can play.
One thing I noticed is that David Baas favored helping out Iupati over Rachal in pass protection. So it was not often we got to see him one-on-one in pass pro.

The Williams Wall + Jared Allen!
Originally posted by Joecool:

Look at a lot of 3rd and shorts with our O-line pushing the pile. Man, this is what pumped me up about this game.

RIGHT. Its not so much that we were opening big holes, but just as importantly we were driving the other team backwards to get guaranteed short yardage. That touchdown run by M-Rob was a perfect example of what our line is capable of.
Lets see what we do against the Williams duo next week, that will be a rumble.
Originally posted by Joecool:

RIGHT. Its not so much that we were opening big holes, but just as importantly we were driving the other team backwards to get guaranteed short yardage. That touchdown run by M-Rob was a perfect example of what our line is capable of.
Lets see what we do against the Williams duo next week, that will be a rumble.

The best thing about that is that we have one of the best blocking TE's in the league. What's even better is that he's also the fastest TE in the league.

Now only if Smith can get him the ball.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
or RJF

Don't forget Ray Edwards, i fell sorry for AD, going up against a pro-bowler in Mathis and a pro-bowl caliber player in Edwards in back-to-back games

[ Edited by Slash49 on Aug 16, 2010 at 14:37:54 ]
He should be excited for the opportunity to go against those dudes. Top of the line opponents.

He should be excited for the opportunity to go against those dudes. Top of the line opponents.

Right. He'll know right away if he belongs in this league. Also it will teach him what to expect (from the best DEs) so there are no more surprises.
It's great seeing him playing well right away. It will be interesting to see how much he progresses into the season.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
or RJF

Don't forget Ray Edwards, i fell sorry for AD, going up against a pro-bowler in Mathis and a pro-bowl caliber player in Edwards in back-to-back games

Thats exactly what he needs for a season warm up though. Welcome to the pros kid!

Touche!

Actually, some dude came up to me at a bar this weekend and slapped me when I called Smith a little b***h.
he made some plays, he made some mistakes...i'm pretty sure it was Iupati whiffing on the guy who stripped MRob...But overall he looked good. I was glad to see the rookies stay in the game as long as they did--they've got to get ready for Balmer!
Share 49ersWebzone