LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Beerows vs. Maiocco

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dang Beerows has stepped his game up. He is in great form after 2 weeks of training camp. He got the first exclusive interview with Glen Coffee about his retirement. Then he was the first to break that the Niners started to shop Balmer, and that they made a trade with Seattle.

I've seen Maiocco been made fun on in here because he gets so much info from the organization, but it seems like Beerows is stepping his game up.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Dang Beerows has stepped his game up. He is in great form after 2 weeks of training camp. He got the first exclusive interview with Glen Coffee about his retirement. Then he was the first to break that the Niners started to shop Balmer, and that they made a trade with Seattle.

I've seen Maiocco been made fun on in here because he gets so much info from the organization, but it seems like Beerows is stepping his game up.

Agreed, I think Maiocco has slipped since he went to CSN and started getting on TV and making videos.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:47:04 ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Agreed, I think Maiocco has slipped since he went to CSN and started getting on TV and making videos.

When will Beerows make videos?
I enjoy B'rows writing style. That's nothing against Maiocco. It's more against Lowell Cohn
Originally posted by ghostrider:
I enjoy B'rows writing style. That's nothing against Maiocco. It's more against Lowell Cohn

I like his sarcastic humor. Even giving some people back-handed compliments. Cracks me up.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

When will Beerows make videos?

Back when we heard Matt was leaving someone mentioned it might be for ESPN San Francisco. Maybe once Matt gets bumped up to that Barrows can take over at CSN.

Either way I am happy because these guys all do a great job covering the 49ers. I was on another NFL board and there was a Packers fan that mentioned Maiocco was his favorite non Packer writer.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:52:25 ]

I like MM and MB, not because they can be homers but the info they provide.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

I like his sarcastic humor. Even giving some people back-handed compliments. Cracks me up.

Agreed. I always click on his articles first.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I have been saying it for awhile now MB>>>>>>>MMM
Originally posted by susweel:
I have been saying it for awhile now MB>>>>>>>MMM

X2

MM > MB with MM at Press Democrat

MM < MB with MM at Comcast
is Global Mad referring to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee
i read them both and think they're both great, but I do think MM had a more relaxed style at the PD, with more "informal blog" type posts, that I enjoyed a lot more than what he's done so far at CSN. But he's only been there for a bit, so we'll see. He's still the man, in my eyes, for chasing MC Hammer through the hotel.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

+1 agreed
Barrows is good yes -- but for those of us who subscribe to the Sacramento Bee (yes -- some of us still read print) -- this is what greeted us at the front door this morning:

A SIX PAGE SPORTS SECTION.

Let me repeat for emphasis: A SIX PAGE SPORTS SECTION.

This -- after a weekend series featuring the Giants and Padres, preseason football from the Niners and a bunch of other NFL teams, the PGA Championship and a host of other sporting events -- including some local sports.

And in Sacramento -- it's worth: SIX PAGES.

It appears that McClatchy didn't so much as even send Barrows to the game. What appeared in the Bee this morning was a report from Daniel Brown -- who writes for the Merc if I'm not mistaken.

Then -- we got a one paragraph report on the Niner Camp and the Raider Camp.

That's it.

This is how bad it's become for print. There was a time when one Niner game merited two to three pages of coverage -- preseason or no. What we're getting now is so terribly bad that I truly wonder why I keep subscribing to this paper.

Then again -- it's the only game out there.

So -- bottom line? As good as Barrows is? Don't mean a thing when you get a SIX PAGE SPORTS SECTION.
Share 49ersWebzone