LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Vikings at 49ers Preseason Game 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Originally posted by GSeef49er:
im just pretty amped that alex looked pretty good out there. nice to see. and i dont think dixon did all that bad against an absolute stellar vikings run d. i did notcie he does do a little dancing though in the back field on some runs. not all but some. still like the kid though.

After last week he was trying too hard to make something out of nothing on many plays. The Vikings are a lot deeper on run stopping Dlineman than the Colts if the last 2 preseason games are any indication. He just needs to learn when to fall forward for 3 rather than dance for 1. Also, it seemed he was generally having a hard time keeping his footing out there today.

Still, the awesome pickup of the double blitz and turning the corner on 2 DBs on the first drive has me pumped that he really does have the talent to play with NFL starters. He just needs a bit more seasoning.

yea hes alot of fun to watch. i just wish chilo would have gottena piece of henderson when he got his ankle, he would have been able to get a nice pick up there. that blitz pick up was really nice for sure
No doubt in my mind (after watching this game) we probably have one of the better left sides (on the o-line) than a lot of playoff teams in the NFC.

Staley, Baas, and Iupati were f**king impressive in pass-protection Sunday. Although it's pre-season, Baas has looked better at center than that I've ever seen of Heitmann (specially with double-stunt pick-ups).

Anthony Davis still looked a bit edgy/beat on a couple of plays in pass-protection, but he did make up for it somewhat by creating 'passive' lanes outside the pocket to deplete each d-lineman's stride towards Alex.

I love how our o-line is looking/developing, and it's scary to imagine what it might be like with Gore and Westbrook back there at the same time (even in passing/bootleg situations).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 23, 2010 at 7:15 PM ]

Originally posted by JedYork:

F'n Fu@king Beautiful!!!!THANK YOU Willis and Spikes!!!!!!
The more I see this play, the more I think that should have been a fumble TD for Willis. It appears to me that Spikes slapped it out before the old man hit the ground like a ton of bricks.
[ Edited by prime21 on Aug 24, 2010 at 6:11 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone