There are 215 users in the forums

49ers current helmet

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers current helmet

I personally don't like them.
year late?
What's up with the wack threads rigs?
I JUST HATE DAVID CARR'S HELMET!!!
I'd rather see the 80's style helmets, but the new ones arent bad.
David Carr's Helmet is
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Carr's helmet is the Schutt ION 4D. A lot of players from the Giants wear those, i.e. Brandon Jacobs. It is arguably the best helmet in the NFL for concussion protection. What is wrong with it? I think it looks mean.
I would like the facemasks to be gold instead of grey to match the helmet, but that won't happen. Oh well. Wish they would all wear helmets that look like the old BIKE(brand) helmets, some of these new brands look crazy. Thought I was watching a Transformers movie when I saw Carr.

[ Edited by RedAlert on Aug 15, 2010 at 13:58:20 ]
The helmets are all different. Players can choose what style helmet they would like to wear from a limited number of choices.

Originally posted by WWFGD:
Carr's helmet is the Schutt ION 4D. A lot of players from the Giants wear those, i.e. Brandon Jacobs. It is arguably the best helmet in the NFL for concussion protection. What is wrong with it? I think it looks mean.

Yeah, they are basically designed to help prevent concussions. A few baseball players are trying them as well (might be the first year). Football has been doing this for like 3 or 4 years already. I remember Ulbrich trying one in the past. More and more players are using them. Michael Lewis is one I believe... don't see why people have a problem with them. They are just designed different to absorb hits better.
Share 49ersWebzone