There are 248 users in the forums

Thank You Glenn Coffee, sincerely.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Eat a bag of dick
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Action speaks louder than words.

Heck of a yawn. Dude needs some coffee.
People have the right to be upset with Coffee, but I hope they realize it took a lot of bravery to come forward and be honest in his given situation. If some of his teammates are okay with it, I don't see why we can't be the same way as fans. It is apparent based on comments made that Coffee was liked by the other 49ers we cheer for on a daily basis.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Thank you (sarcasticly)
Originally posted by Tombo:

sarcastically*
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Tombo:

sarcastically*

Thanks! Knew it was wrong, but too tired to look it up.
  • mod
  • Veteran
why all the hate?

he lost interest in his career and decided to take another path, whats the big deal? he is a back runningback, if he were a starter I would be upset, but its not like he had a huge role on this team anyways.
He is a quitter plain and simple, and I have trouble respecting that. A true man of character would have toughed it out until his contract expired. What a puss! With that said, he sucked anyways. And yes, this thread is gay!
It is what it is
Coffee was a reach. He benefited from a great oline at Alabama. If you look at his highlights in college you can see huge holes he was able to run through.

With that said I don't mind him retiring. He wasn't going to have a big impact and it gives Dixon the chance to show what he can do.

And for those who wanted L. Blount, F him. He scared he couldn't beat out Coffee or Dixon. What a puss, scared of the competition.

this post is stupid glenn coffee did nothing for us if his heart was never in football he sould never have entered the draft a draft pick is wasted thats a player we have lost from the draft
Yeah, thanks for wasting a 3rd rd pick for us, Coffee. Thanks for the awesome 2.7 YPC stats. Thanks for staying in the Bay Area to work out and put on nearly 20 lbs. of muscle only to quit on the team days before a pre-season opener. Thanks for the memories, you are now even more pathetic than Barlow.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm still a huge fan of Glen Coffee. I wish you well Glen!!
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
As much as I appreciate what you are trying to do, Coffee was a terrible pick. Even if he became an all-pro, given his value at the time, he was a reach and not the kind of back we needed, even if we were going to take a back at that time. He was in no way the "BPA".

Obviously, with the latest development, we clearly evaluated both his talent AND his character wrong. He was the wrong guy, in the wrong situation, and beyond that, someone NOT committed to football as a career.

So, no. Not thank you. Screw you. He has hurt this team and it's development by just getting a paycheck and pretending to care about his job. Just like any employee you hire that has a great interview but then doesn't really care about their job.

I wish him the best beyond his football life, but he has done nothing as a Niner to be thanked for, especially pulliing a Ricky Willaims-like last minute move to decide during training camp that our likely number 2 RB is quitting the game.

I respect the way that he handled the situation. He was a man about it and showed a lot of personal integrity. But I agree with texasniner, there's nothing for which 49er fans should be grateful. He did more harm than good for the team overall; causing us to squander a valuable 3rd round pick and leaving us short handed in the middle of training camp. If you hire a guy to work for your company and he accidentally destroys $100k worth of equipment, you don't thank him for telling you about it.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CHAMBAZ:
He is a quitter plain and simple, and I have trouble respecting that. A true man of character would have toughed it out until his contract expired. What a puss! With that said, he sucked anyways. And yes, this thread is gay!

Yes, stick it out if your heart isn't in it because professional sports teams need players whose heart is not in the game.
Share 49ersWebzone