LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 324 users in the forums

AUBRAYO to sign tender soon!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
"Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that Franklin is expected to sign the tender soon. Because he's not under contract, Franklin is subject to no fines or other penalties. If he shows up by Week 1, Franklin will receive his full base salary of $7.003 million."

I can't say I really blame him. He'll get paid anyhow as long as he shows up later. Although, if his play is affected because he didn't train well enough while away from camp then he deserves to DIE!

A little harsh aren't we. Fired from his job, fined maybe, but die. Chill bro, its only a game. Go out and smell the roses.

Honestly, I didn't mean that literally. On a serious note, I'm just glad he'll be back on board with no injuries and hopefully, he stays that way for the remainder of the season.
I wonder if Franklin saw what RJF has done so far and thought it best to get his ass to camp. Maybe it's just me, but I thought the d-line looked more explosive with RJF at nose. If that is the case, does he get the nod at starting over Franklin?
[ Edited by BigDaddy on Aug 27, 2010 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Gavintech:
"Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that Franklin is expected to sign the tender soon. Because he's not under contract, Franklin is subject to no fines or other penalties. If he shows up by Week 1, Franklin will receive his full base salary of $7.003 million."

I can't say I really blame him. He'll get paid anyhow as long as he shows up later.

I can! Dude is in a contract year (his first and probably last/only chance at a big NFL contract) and he's showing he's not a team player IMO. Once the date passed that the team could not give him a multi-year deal he should have signed his tender and got into camp. The ONLY reason not to at that point is a selfish reason.

True that...

On the bright side, he's coming back with no injuries. I just hope he didn't lose a step... the rotation with him and RJF will wreak havoc on offenses.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
I wonder if Franklin saw what RJF has done so far and thought it best to get his ass to camp. Maybe it's just me, but I thought the d-line lokked more explosive with RJF at nose. If that is the case, does he get the nod at starting over Franklin?

If he plays better than Franklin, he'll get the nod, imo. Nonetheless, when one takes a breather and the other comes off the bench, o-lines will get tired of that sickness.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
I wonder if Franklin saw what RJF has done so far and thought it best to get his ass to camp. Maybe it's just me, but I thought the d-line lokked more explosive with RJF at nose. If that is the case, does he get the nod at starting over Franklin?

If he plays better than Franklin, he'll get the nod, imo. Nonetheless, when one takes a breather and the other comes off the bench, o-lines will get tired of that sickness.

having a nice rotation with the D-Line always helps.
I'm not a GM but I play one on the PC lol. It might seem harsh but here's what I think the 9ers will or should do with AF.

Franchise him again next year, then let him walk in '12 and hand over the starting job to RJF who should be close to fully developed by then. You'll be replacing a 32 year old NT with a 25 year old one who is bigger, stronger, quicker, more mobile, and cheaper.

Or just let AF walk next year and hand it over to RJF. You can tell the 9ers don't really wanna commit to long term relationship with AF anyway, they would have re'upped him like they did other key members. Think about it, they are always calling him the key to the D but yet the didn't do a long term deal with him when his contract is up?

This is the NFL, you gotta be shrewd.......
[ Edited by NY9er2 on Aug 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM ]
Originally posted by NY9er2:
I'm not a GM but play on the PC lol. It might seem harsh but here's what I think the 9ers will or should do with AF.

Franchise him again next year, the let him watd should be close to fully developed by then.

Or just let AF walk next year and hand it over to RJF. You can tell the 9ers don't really wanna commit to long term relationship with AF anyway, they would have re'upped him like they did other key members. Think about it, they are always calling him the key to the D but yet the didn't do a long term deal with him when his contract is up?

As many have said before, why dump that much money in a 30 year old DT that has never made a pro bowl/all pro? He's a damn good player, but not great. Not deserving of the kind of money he wants, IMO.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NY9er2:
I'm not a GM but play on the PC lol. It might seem harsh but here's what I think the 9ers will or should do with AF.

Franchise him again next year, the let him watd should be close to fully developed by then.

As many have said before, why dump that much money in a 30 year old DT that has never made a pro bowl/all pro? He's a damn good player, but not great. Not deserving of the kind of money he wants, IMO.

and by next yr we can finally draft that nt that can rotate with rjf
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Originally posted by baltien:
What a waste. And I don't know who's dumber here-- His agent for suggesting he hold out, or him actually agreeing to do it. Dude, show and prove and YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY. The Niners actually have an OUTSTANDING record when it comes to awarding and retaining their own free agents.

No reason why Franklin would be an exception here. He has to know they want to keep him (as evidenced by Patrick Willis publicly campaigning for him), they just (like any other team would) want to make sure that last year wasn't a fluke, and that he won't go all Albert Haynesworth once gets his money.

And what's the worst case scenario here? The Niners don't retain him and he signs for big bucks elsewhere. EITHER WAY, HE GETS PAID.

Franklin could learn a lot from how VD handled his contract status. He didn't make it an issue. AT ALL. He simply said "I'm sure something will get done," and then he went on his way. He still showed up to practice, and participated in all the other team activities as well. No fuss.

We need more of that in the league.

I agree with you on some levels but you have to realize the NFL definitely stands for not for long and at any moment you can get injured and ruin your career. NFL players and their agents are not stupid .. why risk training camp and end up like Heitmann in your contract year .. its all about guaranteed dollars and security. The 49ers have something to do with this also they couldve resigned the man if they wanted him that badly. Aubrayo has done no wrong in my eyes so long as he comes in top condition. $7 million is alot of money so we all knew he would eventually sign. No biggie. The plus is that RJF appears ready to ball if Franklin leaves next year.

Exactly, without his financial future secured with a long term contract he needed to minimize the risk of a training camp injury. If he suffered a season ending or even just a season shortening injury his opportunity for what will probably the last significant contract of his career would be severely damaged. I don't blame him at all. And as we all know, since he's not officially under contract he's not hold out.

I think he'll show up in good physical shape and be ready for another contract year.
any updates?any updates?any updates?

MaioccoCSN

Nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin signs his one-year, $7.003M deal as 49ers franchise player
Originally posted by 209ers:
MaioccoCSN

Nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin signs his one-year, $7.003M deal as 49ers franchise player

JasonLaCanfora

49ers announce that Aubrayo Franklin signed his franchise tag, as expected
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 209ers:
MaioccoCSN

JasonLaCanfora

49ers announce that Aubrayo Franklin signed his franchise tag, as expected

• mayo49
  • Veteran
@Adam_Schefter
49ers announced that NT Aubrayo Franklin has signed the franchise tender he was offered by the team earlier this year. 13 minutes ago

This is good news
Share 49ersWebzone