There are 238 users in the forums

DE Will Tukuafu

Shop 49ers game tickets
Harbs: our jumbo package is not working Greg..
Roman: i don't think we have enough jumbo in our jumbo package Jim..
Harbs: hmm what do you suggest?
Roman: remember that 300 pound fullback we cut?
Harbs: ya, I liked him but won't it makes us more predictable?
Roman: ya, but we could always line him up out wide...
Harbs: good thinking Greg, make it happen.
[ Edited by ninerhippy on Dec 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
I think you see Dixon in on run plays, and maybe you see Vernon Davis in that Delanie Walker role more often.

The problem is Miller could play any formation and it wouldnt tip off the type of play. Were already predictable, and now itll be even easier to tell. Thankfully we have the talent to beat people physically regardless of whether they guess right.
Originally posted by cory4903:
Originally posted by susweel:
offense just became more predictable.

this

wow you guys should become defensive coordinators!
I think Dix can block most LBs, but not top notch LBs and DTs like Miller did
still think dixon gets used more
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
schepler > will
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I think you see Dixon in on run plays, and maybe you see Vernon Davis in that Delanie Walker role more often.

The problem is Miller could play any formation and it wouldnt tip off the type of play. Were already predictable, and now itll be even easier to tell. Thankfully we have the talent to beat people physically regardless of whether they guess right.

I don't think Dixon will tip it off either. He should be just fine as a lead blocker.

Yup. If Dixon can hold up in the run/pass blocking department, they shouldn't have a problem tipping their hand. I think he should be able to adequately catch the ball out of the back field, so if he can pick his blocks up, i think they can somewhat make up for the loss of Miller and replicate his production.
the fullback needs to just be a lead blocker.

we have too much talent to depend on the fullback to do more than just block.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by cory4903:
Originally posted by susweel:
offense just became more predictable.

this

wow you guys should become defensive coordinators!

Actually I'm applying for the gm job after harbaugh fires baalke.
Anthony Dixon could actually do really well as the new FB, I'm lookin forward to it!

Anthony Dixon could actually do really well as the new FB, I'm lookin forward to it!

i hope
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

i hope

it could be a train wreck or it could be a nice addition, we'll see i guess
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the loss of a fullback, albeit a pro bowler does not or should not affect our team to the degree that we lose sunday and that is all i care about. if it does, well then we do not deserve to be in the playoffs
Originally posted by cciowa:
the loss of a fullback, albeit a pro bowler does not or should not affect our team to the degree that we lose sunday and that is all i care about. if it does, well then we do not deserve to be in the playoffs

it won't there was no reason for miller to do all of the things he did in the first place.

he should have been blocking and that's it. we have too much talent to have HIM be the integral piece he was in other areas that's just the truth.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by cciowa:

it won't there was no reason for miller to do all of the things he did in the first place.

he should have been blocking and that's it. we have too much talent to have HIM be the integral piece he was in other areas that's just the truth.
it did remove romans main weapon in the passing game
Share 49ersWebzone