LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. seeking rebirth with 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Inconsistent, just like Davis. Drops and that beautiful catch running to grab Nate's bomb, a thing of beauty.

Still, he will have to be addressed in the opponent's defensive game plan. I really think that this year no more "eight in the box". If they do, they will be sorry.

'bout time too!

Great point. Ginn is obviously not a natural pass catcher, but he still has to be accounted for in the secondary and is capable of getting behind defenses and making huge plays (see last night).

I wasn't expecting the next coming of Carolina's Steve Smith when we traded for Ginn. He's a complimentary piece that will make some mistakes, drop some balls AND make some big plays for us.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Inconsistent, just like Davis. Drops and that beautiful catch running to grab Nate's bomb, a thing of beauty.

Still, he will have to be addressed in the opponent's defensive game plan. I really think that this year no more "eight in the box". If they do, they will be sorry.

'bout time too!

Great point. Ginn is obviously not a natural pass catcher, but he still has to be accounted for in the secondary and is capable of getting behind defenses and making huge plays (see last night).

I wasn't expecting the next coming of Carolina's Steve Smith when we traded for Ginn. He's a complimentary piece that will make some mistakes, drop some balls AND make some big plays for us.

Exactly. You would think we traded a #1 pick for the guy. Our kickoff return game sucked last year and Ginn will be a tremendous weapon in that area. For a #5 pick that alone is worth it. When he is at WR the other team will have to respect his speed and that should open things up for Davis, Crab, Morgan, and Ziegler.

He is going to be frustrating at times but I think the positives will be well worth it.
too bad alex cant throw that far....
Originally posted by Snider8706:

We should put in nate davis anytime we're planning on throwing it past 15 yards!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

'bout time too!

Exactly. You would think we traded a #1 pick for the guy. Our kickoff return game sucked last year and Ginn will be a tremendous weapon in that area. For a #5 pick that alone is worth it. When he is at WR the other team will have to respect his speed and that should open things up for Davis, Crab, Morgan, and Ziegler.

He is going to be frustrating at times but I think the positives will be well worth it.

this...the positives will outweigh the negatives, and our field position will be far better because of it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
The routes Ginn were running are for Crabs! When VD and Crabs come back Ginn will be on deep fly.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

We should put in nate davis anytime we're planning on throwing it past 15 yards!

45 yards right here

Originally posted by valrod33:

45 yards right here

downhill with 15mph wind behind him. so yea, about 23 yards.
I'm very disappointed with Ginn. I'm glad we only gave a 5th for him. At best he is a # 3 at this point and considering are talent level at WR thats not good.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

45 yards right here

Listen to Deion Sanders during that video... what a self-obsessed douche.

Originally posted by cNiner:

http://www.sportsrumormill.com/forum/nfl-draft-central-and-nfl-free-agency/3588-alex-smiths-proday-results.html

Alex can throw.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by cNiner:

http://www.sportsrumormill.com/forum/nfl-draft-central-and-nfl-free-agency/3588-alex-smiths-proday-results.html

Alex can throw.
In fact, Smith threw 62 yards to a receiver standing on the goal line, and the pass was perfect.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm very disappointed with Ginn. I'm glad we only gave a 5th for him. At best he is a # 3 at this point and considering are talent level at WR thats not good.

He isnt here to be Our #1 or #2 option. He wasnt even brought in here to even be the #1 or #2 option at wide receiver. He is our 4th option on passing downs, thats his role, he knows this, his main role is special teams, and whatever safeties and other DBs he can take away from the Ds with hi speed.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He isnt here to be Our #1 or #2 option. He wasnt even brought in here to even be the #1 or #2 option at wide receiver. He is our 4th option on passing downs, thats his role, he knows this, his main role is special teams, and whatever safeties and other DBs he can take away from the Ds with hi speed.

I agree, but I'm sure that most of us had hoped we got a steal and that maybe he would become a legit number two. But in the words of Dennis Green, he is who we thought he was.
Share 49ersWebzone