LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. seeking rebirth with 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he shouldve caught the AS pass although it was a little high

and the davis pass was pretty off very few people on our team would be able to catch that
What sets him apart is his speed, and return abilities. His hands may be suspect but hes worth it if we start using him to return punts and kicks again. Gillory needs to be cut.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He is what he is. The dropsies are a big reason Miami gave up on him. Jason Hill can't catch either. Ziegler should make the team by default, but he needs to stop skipping team meals, he could tread water in a test tube.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
The two catches he dropped - one was high and the other was behind him. Should he have caught those - yea (especially the first one) - but you can't place the full blame on him. He is fast, he is quick, and having him on the field will keep the safeties from creeping up to the LOS. It's not sucking on someone's sack - speed can't be taught and he is one the fastest players in the league...and if I remember correctly - he did have a 800 yard season. So - he can do more than just run fast.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Aug 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

and the davis pass was pretty off very few people on our team would be able to catch that

yea it was a bit high but crabs would have caught it
Originally posted by 49erFan:
I'm with you. From what I have seen so far, I'd be much more comfortable with Ziegler as the 3rd reciever when we need to make a 3rd down.

I can see why Ginn can be big play threat. He gets open deep. However, you just can't count on him to make the catch consistently. He simply has to improve in that area.

I agree, hes a nice change of pace, but I'm not comfortable with him as the first receiver into the game in 3wr sets. He simply is not reliable enough. Ziegler keeps looking better and better. Morgan, on the other had, is a complete no show. I hope he contributes when the games actually count.
Ginn's not in synch with Alex. I hope they develop better chemistry before the regular season.
because he's ridiculously fast and no one else on offense is besides your TE.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

As my high school football coaches told me the same applies to him. If it touches your palms then you catch it. Period.

But he is a pro. Not some diva that thinks his s**t dont stink. He will work on it.
With him being one of the fastest players in the NFL, I give him alittle more time to work this problem out. If he drops the game deciding TD pass in the reg season or post season then yeah I will be mad as hell, but it's only preseason gm 2, and he did catch a 60 yd pass that was pretty nice that made me kinda forget about prior 2 drops.

If my 5th round pick somehow had proven in the NFL that he could be an impact player on special teams (like Ginn has), I'd give him more than 2 pre-season games before giving up on him.

Williams will be the eventual #3 anyways
i'm confused ginn is a 1st round pick but to answer the question no I wouldn't cut him..preseason is practice so i would rather him drop the ball sooner than later
Ginn needs to get his head out of his ass. As of right now, he appears to be on the bubble.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Ginn needs to get his head out of his ass. As of right now, he appears to be on the bubble.

hes not getting cut
Share 49ersWebzone