LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

Bubble guys you'd like to see make it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If they aren't on the list I hope they make the team. As for the PS here are some I hope make it.

35 Adams, Phillip DB - is raw but has potential

48 Balogun, Mike LB - could do without but we will see

50 Davis, Bruce LB - not sure if he is PS eligible but if he is he should be on it

60 De La Puente, Brian G - Might be a Rachal replacement or a future backup

40 Maragos, Chris DB - Biased, hes from WI but made 2 special teams tackles yesterday. At Wisconsin had 93 tackles and 5 INTs in 2 years.

60 Mitchell, Khalif DT - could be future backup NT

61 Patrick, Chris T - possible future backup when Simms leaves

63 Tukuafu, Will DE - Balmer replacement?
Boone
Briggs
Balogun
Zeigler
B. Miller
Adams
Stoudamire
Bruce Davis
Tukuafu
I think Briggs made a strong case for himself not being a bubble guy yesterday. Taking into account the fact that Lawson is in his contract year, Brooks is hurt, and the team hasn't had a 10 sack player in what may be close to 10 years, I'd say Briggs is all but garanteed a shot on the active roster
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If they aren't on the list I hope they make the team. As for the PS here are some I hope make it.

35 Adams, Phillip DB - is raw but has potential

48 Balogun, Mike LB - could do without but we will see

50 Davis, Bruce LB - not sure if he is PS eligible but if he is he should be on it

60 De La Puente, Brian G - Might be a Rachal replacement or a future backup

40 Maragos, Chris DB - Biased, hes from WI but made 2 special teams tackles yesterday. At Wisconsin had 93 tackles and 5 INTs in 2 years.

60 Mitchell, Khalif DT - could be future backup NT

61 Patrick, Chris T - possible future backup when Simms leaves

63 Tukuafu, Will DE - Balmer replacement?

Tukuafu FTW!!!! Get out, Balmer! A FA did better in one play than you did in two years.

[ Edited by ninertico on Aug 16, 2010 at 10:10:46 ]
Five of them:

1. OLB Diyral Briggs - he not only looks bigger, he looks like he's even further improved. He improves again next year, and he could be a lock to make the team.

2. TE Nate Byham - I want to see him make it partly so he doesn't go down as a wasted pick. But also, if he can demonstrate the blocking ability we need, we won't have to worry about only carrying 2 TE's, which I don't think is happening this year. Byham or Curtis should make the squad and get playing time, because Delanie often gets nicked up during the season.

3. S Reggie Smith - with Mays still seemingly just an in-the-box guy, we need Smith's playmaking ability. He looks to finally be healthy, and for those who forget, Reggie was a guy always around the ball in college. Interceptions, fumble recoveries, even special teams work he excelled in. Smith may not be a "bubble guy" really, since he's the best cover safety we have, after Goldson and Lewis, but I would like for him to make it as the primary backup.

4. DE Will Tukuafu - With Balmer going, he may be less of a bubble guy, but we need an improved 3rd down defense. If he can help the pass rush, that'd be great.

5. CB Phillip Adams - You always like to see your late round picks make the team. That indicates you found someone who has a lot of potential -- too much to risk losing -- and/or a guy who fits a role very well.
Share 49ersWebzone