There are 223 users in the forums

Bubble guys you'd like to see make it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For me... (in order)

1. Briggs - he stood out last year when on multiple occasions teammates singled him out. It also says something when they notice a no name undrafted player (unlike when now they talk up Smith, who is clearly, for many reasons, the center of attention). Now that he's put on weight, I have high expectations. By my observation, pass rushers are the most likely undrafted players to be stars in the league. Not saying he'll be a sar, but that fact bodes well for him non-the-less.

2. Ziegler - this guy has earned it. Fantastic hands, great leaping ability, great body control, and precise routes. Oh, and work ethic! This is a developmental type of player...and for the last 2 years he's been developing. He's shown signs ever since his first camp, and has only been getting better. I think that if he gets playing time he has a real chance to establish himself in much the same way Steve Breaston has. Won't put up those numbers, but can be a good player.

3. Boone - love the improved attitude. Love the strenghth. Like pass rushers, OL drafted late or not at all, can become very good starters (see Heitman, Eric). Until our o-line establishes itself, we must do all we can to keep talent around. Even if that talent is still raw and unproven.

Players I'd like to see on the p-squad:
-Stoudamire
-Philip Adams
-Matt Kopa
-De LaPuente
Coffee

Maybe Balmer
Alex Smith.

Ok, no seriously.

Definitely rooting for Alex Boone, but I also like Mike Balogun (kid can play, but will not make the roster....hoping we PS him).
Ziegler! Bye Bye Brandon Jones
ziegler- great hands and grat route running great hops if he bulks up a bit (right now he is skinny as hell) he can be a legit target that skill set is similar to andre johnson

boone- he has proved he is a hard worker can play LT and RT he is strong and has good fundementals he is a legit backup for LT and RT
Boone
Boone and Zeigler!

Way to step up guys!!!

Z all the way
boone, zeigler kyle williams

curtis taylor
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Alex Smith.

Damn!

You beat me to the punch!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Alex Smith.

Ok, no seriously.

Definitely rooting for Alex Boone, but I also like Mike Balogun (kid can play, but will not make the roster....hoping we PS him).

I've always had a soft spot for Jason Hill, but I'd definitely rather see Williams and Zeigler make the team over Hill.
Originally posted by sspiker:
I've always had a soft spot for Jason Hill, but I'd definitely rather see Williams and Zeigler make the team over Hill.

If we end up going with 5 WRs, I agree with you. I think Zeigler can be just as productive (if not more) than Hill, and I like the slot WR/special teams skills that Williams brings.

That said, I think we'll go with 6 WRs, and it might look like this:

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Hill
Zeigler
Williams
Share 49ersWebzone