LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

Coffee follows Balmer's lead

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I know I may get slammed for this....but Brian Westbrook anyone?

Sounds good. 1 year deal... he would be a good back-up.
Can't believe Balogun ended coffee's career!

Last memory of Coffee at 49ers practice yesterday morn. He got pancaked by Mike Balogun on blitz, and RB coach Tom Rathman was not pleased.
Crazy . . . WTF?

not likely I know, but I just want a fellow bear on this team
mattbarrows

Coffee told Singletary of his decision. Coach told him he appreciated his honesty.

I also heard that Baas is thinking about quitting to go work at Jamba Juice.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I know I may get slammed for this....but Brian Westbrook anyone?

I just don't see him as the type of pounding back that sing is looking for. Westbrook is more of just a 3rd down back. If Westbrook was more of a downhill runner I wouldn't be against it at all.
Bet he has a sweet CEO gig waiting for him.

-9fA
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
It's all good. We still have Gore, Dixon and Robinson. Probably even bring in someone else. WESTBROOK!???

He is concussion prone now. no thanks. i dont want a guy to come in take some of Gores touches. Gore is an excellent pass catcher and thats westbrook strong point. Just go find us a guy who can spell Gore from time to time
Originally posted by jreff22:
I go to lunch and this s**t happens.wtf. Go get westbrook now

Yeah I know. How quick things change.
Yea, the Blount situation fumes me!!! Just means more carries for Dixon our sixth rounder.

Wow Coffee and Balmer. A first and a third. Now a sixth rounder in Dixon and a FA in Mitchell take their spots? That hurts!

Still, depth is key and these kids needs to step up. I look forward to Dixon's quick ascension in the RB ranks. We definitely will see lots of him on Sunday.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Justin Fargas - watch it.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Say what you will all this does not look good. Shouldn't we be getting on a plane to Indianapolis by now?

Keep fighting the good fight, valrod.

Someone has to combat the bulls**tstorm of fan overreaction that is plaguing Niner Talk.

No word from 49ers or Glen Coffee's agent on why he is not here. That doesn't sound good.

-Maiocco Twitter

I guess he's over reacting too

Isn't that possible?

Isn't it possible that Coffee was injured on the last play MM saw, when Coffee got pancaked, so he's just sitting out a couple of practices, getting treatment?

What is it with all the chicken little reactions on Niner Talk with every single thing?

Oh, wait, its Niner Talk. nvm.

All that could be true but then why has the team not said so?

Maybe because he's just a backup and they haven't gotten around to addressing it yet?

Maybe cause Singletary's gonna have his usual presser at the end of practice and will address it then?

Maybe cause they're playing the usual games with injury reports that all NFL teams do?

Or maybe Coffee's actually gone off the reservation. Who knows, but why not wait and see, instead of all the useless hand wringing and speculation?

Hey no one is making you read or post in this thread. Let the rest of us who want to react or over react do it amongst ourselves. Some of you guys think you have all the answers.

Sez the guy who speculates that he has the answer, at least in this thread.

Everyone has a right to read and post here. And everyone's got the right to their opinion.

Don't get upset if someone politely questions yours as being, at least at present, based on speculation. That's part of the fun, isn't it?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Justin Fargas - watch it....damn it, he got signed by the Broncos

he signed with the Broncos

I thought he signed with the broncos
Share 49ersWebzone