LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Who are you most excited to see play this week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
The elephant in the room is Alex Smith but it to be honest I'm not going to put too much stock into his performance or lack thereof. Hell...Chase Daniel looked like a pro bowler today as did many other back ups and third stringers.

For me I'll be looking at playcalling, our seconday, and o line.

I'm not expecting too much in terms of play calling. It seems to me that virtually all teams are using basic packages and plays. Unfortunately.. that hardly changed for us in the regular season last year.

I'll be more concerned with what happens in regards to play calls in the regular season.

As far as who I want to see.. here's 10:

1. OG Iupati - Let's see if he's learned to be less grabby.
2. OT Anthony Davis - How's his pass blocking now?
3. FB Brit Miller - Can he unseat Moran Norris?
4. TE Byham - Don't pull a "Bear Pascoe"
5. OLB Briggs
6. RB Dixon - Can he make us forget completely about Coffee?
7. WR Kyle Williams
8. QB Nate Davis
9. NT Jean-Francois
10. S Mays - Prove us doubters wrong about the horrible tackling and coverage ability we saw often last year.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 14, 2010 at 10:25:34 ]
coffee, balmer, and franklin
I am anxious to see if Mays can actually wrap up on someone instead of trying to knock them down. That might have played in the kiddies league, but now he is playing against men. The kid has all the physical talent in the world, and I have always heard Johnnie Lynn is a great secondary coach, so I have hopes he can train the kid up.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
coffee, balmer, and franklin

Is funny because they WON'T be playing tomorrow! oh ho hoooooo!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex Smith Anybody??
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The rookies, and Ginn returning kicks.
I'm excited to see the 49ers as a team get back on the field, seeing all these other teams play their preseason games has got me hyped up to see what the Niners can do. Here are the guys I'm most interested in seeing for Preseason Game 1

QB Alex Smith
RB Anthony Dixon
FB Britt Miller
TE Nate Byham
WR Ted Ginn Jr.
WR Dominique Zeigler
G Mike Iupati
T Anthony Davis
C David Bass
DB Karl Paymah
S Taylor Mays

Can't wait to see what these guys can do in their first go at it.
smith . our season is in his hands
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by wiggy2519:
smith . our season is in his small hands

fixed
Originally posted by susweel:

fixed

His hands are actually 9 inches and 3/4 dude. That's not small.

Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
1. Taylor Mays - Looking forward to seeing him play with more technique.

2. Ted Ginn - Hope he makes a good enough impression that he steals the #2 job from Morgan.

3. Mike Iupati - Just wanna see him beat up people.

4. Anthony Davis - History has shown the 11th pick in the draft almost is always an impact player. Hope Davis repeats history.

5. Glenn Coffee - He packed on about 15 pounds, hope it helps.

6. Reggie Smith - IMO, I think he can be better than Dashon Goldson, he just has to stay healthy.

7. Karl Paymah - Mike Singletary mentioned his speed, now lets see it!!!

8. Kyle Williams - Will we finally have someone that solidifies our PR duties??

9. Ricky Jean-Francois - I should actually put him higher on the list, cause I'm pretty anxious to see what hes got at NT.

10. Pass-Rush from our OLB's - Hope they bring it!!!!

That's a more complete list.

This pretty much sums it up... I actually would love to see how the whole team operates.

This list is fine except for this, I disagree 100%.

Goldson & Mays combo is what i hope for in the future; if Mays becomes the steal of this years draft.

R. Smith has been a CB his whole career and will be a solid DB, i thought he could even start this year opposite of nate.

[ Edited by nicedraw94080 on Aug 14, 2010 at 11:47:56 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

fixed

Yah so how big is his penis.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

fixed

Yah so how big is his penis.

Here is my list..

1. QB: A. Smith - It starts with the QB, and no more excuses for Smith.. He has the weapons, and he now has what should be a decent to potentially very good oline.. He should get maybe a couple series and lets see something..

2. WR: M. Crabtree - I hope he is ok to play v.s IND, but I want to see how he and Smith work out as far as chemistry early on.. We know Davis is up to par with Smith..

3. OT: A. Davis - Singletary backed his young rookie 1st rd Oline and Davis is expected to hold his own at RT after some sloppy play the last few seasons at that posiion..

4. OG: M. Iupati - Iupati can potentially be a top G in the league. Lets see how quick he learns and adjusts in the NFL..

5. WR/KR: T. Ginn JR - The guy should single handedly bring our return game out from under the dark and I wanna see a spark day 1, IDC if its preseason..

6. HB: A. Dixon - With the retirement of Coffee, Dixon has a chance early on to show what he can give in his rookie year.. Lets hope for the best, and he has to play well if he doesnt want us finding a FA to back up Gore..

7. S: T. Mays - The guy was one of my favorite Trojans in his stay there, and he was well respected around the league during his time for his physicalness, his heart, speed, and big hits. Mays has a high ceiling and has to show he can cover to get the respect from SF and around the NFL..

8. OLB: M. Lawson - Is this the year Lawson breaks out?? He has the speed and range and has excellent cover skills as a LB, but we want sacks.. Last year he had his best season getting to the QB and causing pressure, heres to improvement..

9. CB: N. Clements - The guy looks slimmed down a little bit, and although he struggled the last couple seasons, he still didnt play that bad.. Its just with the contract and the level we know Clements can play, we want to see that game in game out.. I still consider Clements our best corner, but Spencer sure did play pretty well last season..

10. WR/KR: K. Williams - With the release of LeRoy Vann, Singletary and the staff must be very confident in Ginn and Williams.. I want to see what he brings in both the return and passing game..

11. LB: N. Bowman - McKillop was hurt and waived and out for the season, and like the Coffee/Dixon situation, Bowman has a chance to shine early on..
Share 49ersWebzone