LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Nate Clements being moved?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dislike
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Wow. If it works it could be good for us against teams that use a lot of TE passes. I like the thought of a bigger, more physical, player covering these guys.

He won't be checking TE's he's lining up to check the slot/3rd WR. Covering the TE will still be on the backers and safeties. Te's and rb's out of the backfield crushed the defense last year especially screen plays. Nobody could stop Owen Daniels last year.

Quote from Manusky

"His size and speed and his ability inside with his body frame and movement skills is the reason we put him in there," Manusky said of Clements. "It's always tough to find those nickel guys who can cover a tight end or a bigger receiver inside. And he's doing a good job of it."

Link

pwned
Manusky> Webzoners
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by NJNinerFan:
Could someone please post the text to the article found here http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=27182. We're still using IE6 here and I can never read any articles from csnbayarea.com. Thanks

wtf ew. why in the f**k are you using IE6 - can I shoot your sysadmin!?!??!!

probably works at the DMV

Any government agency.... Our agency is trying to move forward, but certain divisions won't upgrade their applications.
Wow. If it works it could be good for us against teams that use a lot of TE passes. I like the thought of a bigger, more physical, player covering these guys.

He won't be checking TE's he's lining up to check the slot/3rd WR. Covering the TE will still be on the backers and safeties. Te's and rb's out of the backfield crushed the defense last year especially screen plays. Nobody could stop Owen Daniels last year.

Quote from Manusky

"His size and speed and his ability inside with his body frame and movement skills is the reason we put him in there," Manusky said of Clements. "It's always tough to find those nickel guys who can cover a tight end or a bigger receiver inside. And he's doing a good job of it."

Link

Its only on third downs.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
hmmmmm

I like Nate closer to the lione bc he is the better tackler and can make plays with his torpedo like pursuit of the RB

agree
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Quote from Manusky

Link

Its only on third downs.

How many times did we allow opponents to convert 3rd downs to the TE or inside receiver between the 20s and where did we stand in 3rd down D last year (23rd I think)...

Quote from Manusky

Link

Its only on third downs.

How many times did we allow opponents to convert 3rd downs to the TE or inside receiver between the 20s and where did we stand in 3rd down D last year (23rd I think)...

I'm not saying its not a good idea, I'm just saying its not worth people freaking out and acting like Clements has a demotion. I'm interested to see how it works out. I have always been a huge Terrel Brown fan, but sometimes he is pron to giving up the big play. I hope teams don't pick on him with Clements covering the slot.

Quote from Manusky

Link

Its only on third downs.

I'm not saying its not a good idea, I'm just saying its not worth people freaking out and acting like Clements has a demotion. I'm interested to see how it works out. I have always been a huge Terrel Brown fan, but sometimes he is pron to giving up the big play. I hope teams don't pick on him with Clements covering the slot.

Ohh, Ok. I thought, with your little Yawning dude, that you were stating that this would not help the team that much. I personally think it's going to help our 3rd down package a good bit.
hmmmmm

I like Nate closer to the lione bc he is the better tackler and can make plays with his torpedo like pursuit of the RB

The Packers did this with Woodson alot in 09. He picked up 3 sacks blitzing from the slot and really got his career back on track. Hopefully it does the same for Clements.

Quote from Manusky

Link

Correct you are. Let me rewind my statement. .

Quote from Manusky

Link

Correct you are. Let me rewind my statement. .

No problem bro. It happens...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
hmmmmm

The Packers did this with Woodson alot in 09. He picked up 3 sacks blitzing from the slot and really got his career back on track. Hopefully it does the same for Clements.

That might be a little above "normal expectations" but that would be sweet if Clements resurrects his career.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Manusky> Webzoners
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
So he'll still be starting opposite Spencer, he'll just move to the nickel on 3rd down is what it sounds like to me.
Share 49ersWebzone