There are 410 users in the forums

Crabtree's neck injury?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know that injuries happen in TC and yes, "this is football," but you don't generally see head injuries to a WR....especially in PRACTICE!. WRs usually tweak hamstrings, quads, ankles, groins etc... It is rare to see a WR with a neck sprain unless he was clobbered across the middle of the field.

Bad moves all around here.

This occurred because of a s**tty throw by Smith, dummy Crabtree going all out for a s**tty throw in practice, the dumb inexperienced DB's fault for undercutting Crabs in practice and then falling on his nack, and the coaches' fault for having a dumbass DB covering our star WR on the 2nd week of practice. Pass the stupidity to the left hand side please.

This is frustrating. Rachal goes down, Heitman loss is huge, ST guy Mkillop gets hurt, brooks our key backup guy goes down . Crabs hurts his damn neck, and its only week 2. Sad to say but odds are we lose 1-2 more guys in TC and pre-season games. Lets hope they are shlubs and not any starters or key guys.

The most concerning is our O-line, which was already not very good, is punished. Don't be too optimistic about our line play for the first 5-6 games.

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 12, 2010 at 18:42:46 ]
Originally posted by excelsior:
As I remember, Joe Montana's most famous throw was a high throw.

that throw suxors!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I know that injuries happen in TC and yes, "this is football," but you don't generally see head injuries to a WR....especially in PRACTICE!. WRs usually tweak hamstrings, quads, ankles, groins etc... It is rare to see a WR with a neck sprain unless he was clobbered across the middle of the field.

This occurred because of a s**tty throw by Smith, dummy Crabtree going all out for a s**tty throw in practice, the dumb inexperienced DB's fault for undercutting Crabs in practice and then falling on his nack, and the coaches' fault for having a dumbass DB covering our star WR on the 2nd week of practice. Pass the stupidity to the left hand side please.

This is frustrating. Rachal goes down, Heitman loss is huge, ST guy Mkillop gets hurt, brooks our key backup guy goes down . Crabs hurts his damn neck, and its only week 2. Sad to say but odds are we lose 1-2 more guys in TC and pre-season games. Lets hope they are shlubs and not any starters or key guys.

The most concerning is our O-line, which was already not very good, is punished. Don't be too optimistic about our line play for the first 5-6 games.

??

only heitman is injured and he should be back by week 2

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Aug 12, 2010 at 20:11:23 ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

??

He's talking about all the minor injuries, the minor concussions, and the potentially serious injury to Ahmad Brooks (lacerated kidney)
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
How's Crabz?
hope he plays in the indy game even if its 1 series alex and crabtree need to work on their timings a little more and indy has a great passing defense also this will be a good test for antony davis im intrested to see how davis holds his ground against mathis

Yes Smith and Crabs need to work on their timing. Also, Smith needs to realize Crabs is not 8 feet tall.
Any word yet on his projected playing time this Preseason????

As we all know he doesn't need it...........but I think the starting offense needs him in there sometime to get some rhythm.
minor injury and everyone's freaking out. pulls and dings happen in TC other than Heitmann and Brooks (hopefully back in 2-3 weeks) none of these injuries matter in the long run.
Originally posted by matt49er:
minor injury and everyone's freaking out. pulls and dings happen in TC other than Heitmann and Brooks (hopefully back in 2-3 weeks) none of these injuries matter in the long run.
yup yup

and not to mention, it gives guys that need the reps more than our injured ones a chance. As long as they aren't season ending or long term injuries......
Originally posted by Nes49:
How's Crabz?

he's um thinking about quitting too

If hes not 100% i dont want to see him play tommorow.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
If hes not 100% i dont want to see him play tommorow.

that matts said he is probally not gonna play tomm
Originally posted by seeking6th:
Originally posted by matt49er:
yup yup

and not to mention, it gives guys that need the reps more than our injured ones a chance. As long as they aren't season ending or long term injuries......

Not so sure I agree. It's not like a veteren missing pre-season. This is the time when Crabtree can master his trade and build confidence for the season, not to mention developing a rapport with Smith. He needs a huge season for us to reach the play-offs and it's not the best start.
Originally posted by Winners:

??

He's talking about all the minor injuries, the minor concussions, and the potentially serious injury to Ahmad Brooks (lacerated kidney)

I wouldn't call a broken fibula (heitmen), torn knee (Mckillop gone for the year), a sprained neck (Crabs) and a concussion (which took Rachel down in practice) minor.

i take it you were dropped once or twice as a baby
Share 49ersWebzone