LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

How much playing time will Davis and Iupati get?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
I know folks wanna see them get a lot of reps b/c they are rookies but you don't want to over expose them to injuries. I would leave them in one more series than the rest of the starters then take them out. And leave them in there longer and longer the 2nd and 3rd games.

I agree completely, why have them risk injury out there with a bunch of player that are doing anything it takes to make the team. An by anything I mean something stupid that could hurt one of our rookies.
I say a Total of 10 Quarters all Preseason. That should give them enough exposure to get use to NFL Speed.
Singletary said the team needs to give Davis and Iupati as many reps as possible to give them their best chance to learn and succeed. I'm thinking three quarters, but maybe less because it's their first game.

Wragge and Bass have to learn/earn the backup Center spot, so they should be spending the majority of the game there.
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
I would like to see them play a half and get as many reps as they can.

I agree I think two quarters gives them some good work to start with. It sounds like Singletary wants to get them some extra reps too.
the 1st half
I'd venture to say the first half. You don't want them playing in the second half where as the game goes on, the scrubs will do anything to impress to make the team and will be flying around, meaning more likely to get an injury from someone rolling up on your legs.
Share 49ersWebzone