There are 170 users in the forums

will tukuafu highlights

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Are we just assuming that he is coming in for Balmer or could we be bringing him in to to play a little OLB?

he will be taking balmers spot on the roster, so i think thats where the comparison comes from

So we brought in those two LB's the other day to fill Burnett's spot and Franklin's open spot, right? Does Mckillop count against the roster?

Kevin Jurovich takes Vann's spot.

Were we up to our limit?

i think we never filled franklins spots and just left it open, until mckillop goes on IR we counts agianst the roster #
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for SanFranAddic.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Although I didn't watch the whole thing, I like what I saw. Maybe a good ST and 3rd down pass rusher similar to Brooks' role.

I watched the whole clip and he looks like he'd be great on special teams coverage units. Good speed, tracks the ball well and gets off blocks well.

Does he have the strength to play on the line?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Isn't this guy a little light for DE in a 3-4

[ Edited by duck10 on Aug 11, 2010 at 14:18:40 ]
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:

agreed. i could picture nfl tackles throwing him around

Ya, but if he's taking over Balmer's spot, all he'll be doing is playing on special teams and maybe a little bit on passing downs. After all, who's gonna return kicks if Balmer gets canned?
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by duck10:

he's 282 now getting bigger n stronger everyday!

Hello Mr.Tuku, welcome to the Niners
good luck to him.
he's 282 getting bigger n stronger everyday!
Originally posted by cools:

Hello Mr.Tuku, welcome to the Niners

[ Edited by duck10 on Aug 11, 2010 at 14:21:19 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
good luck to him.

This. I hope he does well.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Are we just assuming that he is coming in for Balmer or could we be bringing him in to to play a little OLB?

he will be taking balmers spot on the roster, so i think thats where the comparison comes from

So we brought in those two LB's the other day to fill Burnett's spot and Franklin's open spot, right? Does Mckillop count against the roster?

Kevin Jurovich takes Vann's spot.

Were we up to our limit?

Scott Mckillop will count against the roster intell are 53 man cutdown, we are at 80 as of right now not including our missing NT

[ Edited by foundone on Aug 11, 2010 at 14:27:06 ]

Didn't Singletary say today that they were looking to add a backup DE to Justin Smith? I guess this guy is it.

[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 11, 2010 at 15:49:15 ]
I really like this move, it's a small but smart move on our roster. It can't possibly hurt to bring in another young player to learn from and compete against our talented defense. I think he can learn and grow a lot in this system....but I guess we will see how he does.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Will, hope you enjoy the Webzone.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Will, hope you enjoy the Webzone.

now the samoan brethrens can do that "haka" before the games
Tukuafu is a solid player, i didn't even know that we signed him. He was the leader of our defense for most of the season and definitely the most consistent. He will fit perfectly for 3-4 DE because he played mostly as our nose tackle last year. Doubt he is going to make the team though...
Share 49ersWebzone