LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Who will be the 1st 49er to grace the cover of Madden?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Wasn't Garrison Hearst the first player to be on the Madden cover?

Yes. Thread over.
Kentwan Balmer
Mike Singletary...First coach on Madden after his Superbowl Season!
Originally posted by popalpo:
Mike Singletary...First coach on Madden after his Superbowl Season!

with scorch marks on the outside. his stare is literally burning the edge of the cover!

[ Edited by NinerBuff on Aug 12, 2010 at 11:36:33 ]
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Wasn't Garrison Hearst the first player to be on the Madden cover?

Yes. Thread over.

Wasn't that the season that he broke his leg in the opening drive of the playoff game in Atlanta? Wasn't that the start of the Madden curse?

That all happened a long time ago so my memory is hazy. All I remember is being in a bar in the TL, before it was cool, drinking a beer, before I was legal, and watching that tragedy unfold. Dark times.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
P.Willy

NO!!!!!!!! Then he will get hurt or have a crap yr!
It'll be balmer, book it.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
If I have anything to say about it? Not a muthatruckin 9er one will grace the cover of Madden.

That's the kiss of death to their season for cryin out loud. Nobody here should even want that to happen.

What's wrong with you?

~Ceadder

Madden curse is a joke. Only idiots believe in it. If we have a person on the cover of Madden this year it means we went very deep in the playoffs and probally went to the Super Bowl.

That would suck.

As for the curse. Running backs with the most carries breakdown the next season. That's a statistical fact, and Eddie George had his best season on the cover of Madden. Scrambling QB's break down all the time too. Vick, McNabb, and Culpepper all have multiple injury plagued seasons. That leaves us with Lewis and Polamalu, and one of those guys has a history of breaking down too. Ray Lewis is the only player that you should be surprised that got injured with the Madden jinx.

Just keep Gore away from it and we'll be cool.

Your hilarious. It's a fact dude. Eddie George & Larry Fitz (last yr) is the Only exception and maybe Ray Lewis. Check it. Either everyone got hurt or had their worst season statistically. FACT!! Ray Lewis didn't get hurt either man. Come on! Plus Vick & McNabb prior to being on Madden never had any major injury's! Come On Man!

99-Hearst was on select covers in 99..what happened::: BROKEN ANKLE!!! f**k YOU!

00-Okay the next year Barry Sanders is pictured over Madden's left shoulder on the cover. Sanders abruptly retired in July before the start of the 1999 season. f**k that that sucked ass.

01-Okay Now it was Eddie's turn he had his best yr yes, i'll give you that.

02-Next Dante Culpepper missed 4 games with injury, threw for 1300 less yards and 19 less TD's then in 2000. Minnesota's worst record since 1984. Come on were still idiots?

03-Then comes Faulk who despite playing the same amount of games rushed for 430 less yards and had 4 less TDs compared to 2001. Faulk's worst season since 1996. Rams scored only 16 more points then their 1996 team who had Tony Banks at QB and Lawrence Phillips at RB. WOW?? That sucks lol

04-Vick missed the first 11 games with a broken leg. Vick's QB rating, comp pct, and yards per attempt were all down from 2002. Vick hadn't had a significant injury until this. HMMM??? Trend going here???

05-Ray Lewis for the most part avoided the curse. His numbers were slightly down from the year before, but he missed one game. He did not record an interception in 2004, the first time in his career. I'll give you a bye on this. Not his best year though.

06-After week 9, Mcnabb suffered a hernia and was lost for the season. Mcnabb threw for more interceptions and his yards per attempt and completion percentage were down from 2004. The Eagles finished 6-10, in last place, and missed the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Prior to this year he was injury free except in 02, but for the most part man he rarely RARELY missed games 02 was it.

07-Shaun Alexander missed 6 regular season games with a broken foot. He finished the season with 896 yards and a 3.6 yard per carry average (well down from his 4.4 career yard per carry average). His 896 yards and 7 touchdowns were the lowest since his rookie season. HMMMMMM

08-Vince Young finished with 9 touchdowns and 17 interceptions, but completed 62% of his passes and Tennessee went 10-6, losing to the Chargers in the first round of the playoffs. That's a Bag of s**t right there for you!!! LOL

09-Favre and the Jets started the season hot, but after Favre injured his throwing arm, the season collapsed quickly. Favre threw 6 less TD's and 7 more int's then in 2007. The Jets finished 9-7 after starting 8-3 and missed the playoffs. He was crap.

10-Larry Fitzgerald & Troy Polamalu - Fitz had a good yr, but Troy Polamalu not so good. Injury!!

LOl I love it's pretty damn accurate man. Maybe your the idiot??
Your argument makes no sense.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Madden Bowl winners

* 1995 - Steve Smith
* 1996 - Reggie Brooks
* 1997 - Jimmy Spencer
* 1998 - Morris Chestnut
* 1999 - Ray Mickens
* 2000 - Trent McGrath
* 2001 - Jacquez Green
* 2002- Terry Jackson
* 2003 - Dwight Freeney
* 2005 - Michael Lewis
* 2006 - Alex Smith
* 2007 - Alex Smith
* 2008 - Willis McGahee
* 2009 - Antonio Bryant
* 2010 - Maurice Jones-Drew

At least he is good at something!

Originally posted by wailers15:

05-Ray Lewis for the most part avoided the curse. His numbers were slightly down from the year before, but he missed one game. He did not record an interception in 2004, the first time in his career. I'll give you a bye on this. Not his best year though.

He was juked by JEFF GARCIA that season, haha.[/u]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Lets put Kentwan Balmer on the cover!!!
lets put Jason Hill on there since hes already hurt. maybe he'll do the opposite and have a breakout year

Bob Willis-Singletary. The spawn of Mike Singletary's eldest son and Patrick Willis' super daughter.
Share 49ersWebzone