LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Who will be the 1st 49er to grace the cover of Madden?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was at home watching the making of madden and they interviewed Jerry Rice and he was talking about being upset because he never was on the cover of Madden (Eddie George was the 1st player to be on the madden cover in 01), so it just got me thinking, who will be the 1st 49er to be on the cover of madden, I"m thinking Patrick Willis or Vernon Davis, Thoughts?
None, I don't want a curse.
I dont want a 9er on the cover of madden. f**k that jinxs

ps. Garrison Hearst was on the cover of madden

[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 11, 2010 at 10:27:42 ]
Originally posted by 228niner:
I was at home watching the making of madden and they interviewed Jerry Rice and he was talking about being upset because he never was on the cover of Madden (Eddie George was the 1st player to be on the madden cover in 01), so it just got me thinking, who will be the 1st 49er to be on the cover of madden, I"m thinking Patrick Willis or Vernon Davis, Thoughts?

Prior to 1999, every annual installment of the Madden NFL series primarily featured John Madden on its cover.[2][23] In 1999, Electronic Arts selected Garrison Hearst to appear on the PAL version's cover, and has since featured one of the league’s top players on every annual installment
P.Willy
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Alex Smith after he throws for 5,000 yards and 50 tds this year! (ok, I am dreaming)
JT O'Sullivan when he comes back!

I SLAPPA DE BASE MON
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
None, I don't want a curse.

How dare you suggest a 9ers for the cover. Don't want the curse.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
P.Willy
  • fly15
  • Veteran
crabtree

Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont want a 9er on the cover of madden. f**k that jinxs

ps. Garrison Hearst was on the cover of madden

Vernon Davis has the best chance
If you mean first, as you can see, Hearst was on the cover in '99, if you mean next, I would nominate Gore or Willis. I do not believe in curses, so it would be cool to have one of our players recognized as elite once again.
willis makes the most sense, but id rather keep our boys off of it haha
Vernon, Gore, Willis, Crabby, and I want them on it. The curse is retarded. People will say the curse strikes once again if Drew Brees doesn't take the saints back for another super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone