LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Reports of Alex looking average in practice.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by susweel:
play like you practice

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
is this a joke?

It is my lame attempt at a relevant post.

This it the downfall of the NFL being so popular. I think i'm in the minority but the coverage of OTA's is pure overkill. The fact that team OTA's are being broken down play by play pass by pass is just disturbing to me. And this is the end result of it. It's giving fans false hope that a player doing well in shorts is great and a player struggling in shorts is a bust. What's the relevance of Smith going 18 for 19 playing against guys in shorts who aren't hitting, aren't wearing pads, and aren't running at game speed? Nothing against these writers who have to write about something but it's overkill to have a breakdown of all defensive players as if they were really giving it there all out there. Many of these guys just wanna learn the playbook and not get hurt. Get a few reps in and take it on in.

I agree with this, there is way to much media coverage on practice. We talking about practice, not a game, practice, we talking about practice.

These were your words 2 months ago

That was OTA's, training camp is more of an indicator of things to come.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh now I get it, with 4ish weeks till the season actually starts we are in do or die mode for the season.

haha, yah its do or die time

No but the dude should be playing lights out in practice. Trust me this is not a good sign. Even MB said he still practices like Alex Smith which is not a good thing.

And who should he be practicing like? He has a month to get s**t under control and work out the rest of the kinks. Nobody practices perfect every time so expecting him to do so is insane. Every vet is getting time off to rest and relax to stay fresh....you know who isn't getting that privilege?
Wow ya'll really. an actual thread on reports that he looks average in practice.

Just when i think i've heard it all in the zone.

Whats next:

Reports of how Sing shaves his head bald. I mean come on ya'll.... REally????
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
play like you practice

Originally posted by billbird2111:
is this a joke?

It is my lame attempt at a relevant post.

This it the downfall of the NFL being so popular. I think i'm in the minority but the coverage of OTA's is pure overkill. The fact that team OTA's are being broken down play by play pass by pass is just disturbing to me. And this is the end result of it. It's giving fans false hope that a player doing well in shorts is great and a player struggling in shorts is a bust. What's the relevance of Smith going 18 for 19 playing against guys in shorts who aren't hitting, aren't wearing pads, and aren't running at game speed? Nothing against these writers who have to write about something but it's overkill to have a breakdown of all defensive players as if they were really giving it there all out there. Many of these guys just wanna learn the playbook and not get hurt. Get a few reps in and take it on in.

I agree with this, there is way to much media coverage on practice. We talking about practice, not a game, practice, we talking about practice.

These were your words 2 months ago

That was OTA's, training camp is more of an indicator of things to come.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh now I get it, with 4ish weeks till the season actually starts we are in do or die mode for the season.

haha, yah its do or die time

No but the dude should be playing lights out in practice. Trust me this is not a good sign. Even MB said he still practices like Alex Smith which is not a good thing.

And who should he be practicing like? He has a month to get s**t under control and work out the rest of the kinks. Nobody practices perfect every time so expecting him to do so is insane. Every vet is getting time off to rest and relax to stay fresh....you know who isn't getting that privilege?

Obviously the coaches think he dont deserve the time because he needs all the work he can get.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Jesus Christ, it's the first week of camp, and his starting center is down.

But that shouldn't effect how you throw the ball.

Raye also said there were extenuating circumstances to Smith's day. He noted that Smith usually makes 94 throws in the morning and another 86-90 in the afternoon. He said this is the point in camp that quarterbacks get what Raye called "arm weary."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/08/raye-defends-qb.html#ixzz0wEk20f7s

Raye making Alexcuses!!

Honestly though, people need to be ready because believe it or not, Smith will have bad games. I'm not quite sure what people's expectations are.

There will be games where the offense will sputter. My hope is that the Smith keeps the bad games to a minimum.

-9fA
Quote:
"But let's not sound the alarms, yet. We're a week into the practices."

Quote:
"But, again, it's early. I'll stand by the numerous statements I've made that I'd expect him to improve, production-wise, this season over the 10 1/2 games he played last season."
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

LOL

"No it must be the titties.."

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

LOL

"No it must be the titties.."

that made me laugh too
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
He's hitting the deep ones and missing the short ones. He's confident from the huddle to the snap and showing leadership but not much improved with the ball in his hands.

Anybody else getting concerned...

I'm hoping he's better and I thought he would be working on his mechanics all offseason. But some of these media reports have me concerned.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/10/10/49ers-Mailbag-Smith-So-Far-Has-Been-So-S/landing.html?full_args=08/10/10/49ers-Mailbag-Smith-So-Far-Has-Been-So-S/landing&blockID=287074&feedID=5936

Different day, a different story.

One f**king day of bad practice and everyone panics. Jeez. This is really starting to get ridiculous.

one of my favorite youtube videos...

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
One f**king day of bad practice and everyone panics. Jeez. This is really starting to get ridiculous.

The season is pretty dependent on Alex. Those thoughts of playoffs and winning the division ride on him.

The season is pretty dependent on Alex. Those thoughts of playoffs and winning the division ride on him.

Wait one minute.... Average, you say... Hmm, this is an improvement for Alex, isnt it? I mean, he's been below average for his entire career.

Go Niners

Yeah and the majority of reports are that he's been doing good in practice, hitting his wide outs, connecting with Vernon a lot, etc. I mean jeez, this is the first day anyone besides Peter King has said that he hasn't done great and you guys are sounding the f'n alarms. Just the other day Peyton Manning had a practice where he was 9/22 with an INT. Does he suck too? No. It's a practice, so if Manning can have a s**tty practice you might as well expect Alex to have 1 or 2 also. Not to mention the fact that he was still hitting his deep throws. I mean come on this is a mixture of people making a big deal over nothing and a bunch of trolls acting up.
Share 49ersWebzone