There are 237 users in the forums

Reports of Alex looking average in practice.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Jesus Christ, it's the first week of camp, and his starting center is down.

But that shouldn't effect how you throw the ball.

Raye also said there were extenuating circumstances to Smith's day. He noted that Smith usually makes 94 throws in the morning and another 86-90 in the afternoon. He said this is the point in camp that quarterbacks get what Raye called "arm weary."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/08/raye-defends-qb.html#ixzz0wEk20f7s

even raye is making Alexecuses now
  • fly15
  • Veteran
He's hitting the deep ones and missing the short ones. He's confident from the huddle to the snap and showing leadership but not much improved with the ball in his hands.

Anybody else getting concerned...

I'm hoping he's better and I thought he would be working on his mechanics all offseason. But some of these media reports have me concerned.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/10/10/49ers-Mailbag-Smith-So-Far-Has-Been-So-S/landing.html?full_args=08/10/10/49ers-Mailbag-Smith-So-Far-Has-Been-So-S/landing&blockID=287074&feedID=5936

I been concerned since he was drafted.
Originally posted by susweel:

Raye also said there were extenuating circumstances to Smith's day. He noted that Smith usually makes 94 throws in the morning and another 86-90 in the afternoon. He said this is the point in camp that quarterbacks get what Raye called "arm weary."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/08/raye-defends-qb.html#ixzz0wEk20f7s

You're right what does he know he's the OC and you are on a computer talking
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
News flash: ALL QBs, regardless of how good/bad they are...will have good days, bad days, and "so so" days.

Relax.

I'm still waiting to hear about the good days. We have heard about the other days.
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:
News flash: ALL QBs, regardless of how good/bad they are...will have good days, bad days, and "so so" days.

Relax.

Except the ACP doesn't really comment on the good days.

When Smith has a good day in TC, the nay-sayers will just say "It's TC, who cares wait for the season."

But when he has a bad day, it's time to sh!t our pants and make a huge thread about it.

Something smells like a double standard to me.

This is the theme when it comes to the QB situation. And you're absolutely right. When Alex is doing well..its.."Well who cares dood its just shorts and shells...no big deel dood...styll the bustorz LOLZ BREEN BAK JTO."

When he does bad..."SEE I TOHLD YUUU ALECKS DIK LUVRZ..."

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You're right what does he know he's the OC and you are on a computer talking

dont you know Im the smartest guy in the world

you must not have gotten the memo
play like you practice

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
is this a joke?

It is my lame attempt at a relevant post.

This it the downfall of the NFL being so popular. I think i'm in the minority but the coverage of OTA's is pure overkill. The fact that team OTA's are being broken down play by play pass by pass is just disturbing to me. And this is the end result of it. It's giving fans false hope that a player doing well in shorts is great and a player struggling in shorts is a bust. What's the relevance of Smith going 18 for 19 playing against guys in shorts who aren't hitting, aren't wearing pads, and aren't running at game speed? Nothing against these writers who have to write about something but it's overkill to have a breakdown of all defensive players as if they were really giving it there all out there. Many of these guys just wanna learn the playbook and not get hurt. Get a few reps in and take it on in.

I agree with this, there is way to much media coverage on practice. We talking about practice, not a game, practice, we talking about practice.

These were your words 2 months ago
Have any of you ever taken 5 hour tests, day after day? You eventually become brain weary, even brain dead. I am not surprised at Alex beginning to show evidence of weariness. I suspect this means nothing significant for those who have the wisdom and common sense to understand it for what it is.

My greatest concern is Alex being asked to play with three inexperienced OL in front of him. The OL hampered his perfromance last season, and it probably will be a major problem this year, especially in the early season.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

EXTRA, EXTRA, the NEW excuse just arrived...... "The starting center is down"
Originally posted by TitsMcgee:

Relax.

Except the ACP doesn't really comment on the good days.

When Smith has a good day in TC, the nay-sayers will just say "It's TC, who cares wait for the season."

But when he has a bad day, it's time to sh!t our pants and make a huge thread about it.

Something smells like a double standard to me.

This is the theme when it comes to the QB situation. And you're absolutely right. When Alex is doing well..its.."Well who cares dood its just shorts and shells...no big deel dood...styll the bustorz LOLZ BREEN BAK JTO."

When he does bad..."SEE I TOHLD YUUU ALECKS DIK LUVRZ..."

This.

No need to get too high or too low right now.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
play like you practice

is this a joke?

This it the downfall of the NFL being so popular. I think i'm in the minority but the coverage of OTA's is pure overkill. The fact that team OTA's are being broken down play by play pass by pass is just disturbing to me. And this is the end result of it. It's giving fans false hope that a player doing well in shorts is great and a player struggling in shorts is a bust. What's the relevance of Smith going 18 for 19 playing against guys in shorts who aren't hitting, aren't wearing pads, and aren't running at game speed? Nothing against these writers who have to write about something but it's overkill to have a breakdown of all defensive players as if they were really giving it there all out there. Many of these guys just wanna learn the playbook and not get hurt. Get a few reps in and take it on in.

I agree with this, there is way to much media coverage on practice. We talking about practice, not a game, practice, we talking about practice.

That was OTA's, training camp is more of an indicator of things to come.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Relax.

I'm still waiting to hear about the good days. We have heard about the other days.

I dunno man, you might want to go back and read previous blogs. They've all been generally positive re: Smith.

The problem is people expecting to read: "WOW Smith just had an absolute PHENOMENAL practice today...he hit Crabtree 80 yards downfield while delivering a baby and curing the economy."

I've read quite a few times where..."Smith looked good today..." "Smith made some beautiful throws..." "Smith looked sharp..."

"Good...sharp...beautiful throws..." All sound pretty positive to me.
play like you practice

is this a joke?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh now I get it, with 4ish weeks till the season actually starts we are in do or die mode for the season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
play like you practice

is this a joke?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh now I get it, with 4ish weeks till the season actually starts we are in do or die mode for the season.

haha, yah its do or die time

No but the dude should be playing lights out in practice. Trust me this is not a good sign. Even MB said he still practices like Alex Smith which is not a good thing.
Share 49ersWebzone