LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Reports of Alex looking average in practice.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why can't the guy hit short passes? I mean seriously I can throw a 10 yard pass. What is the deal? Why can't he fix this? He's an NFL QB.

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I didn't see but how did McNabb look considering it was posted here that he had a bad practice and was criticized by his coach that he isn't getting the offense yet?

McNabb is a proven commodity, Smith hasn't proven jack s**t.

I feel sorry for the weagles...

I'm going to be pissed if their qb is a stud. It's like the NFL gods don't want us to have a good qb.

No, the cheap ownership wants their money's worth from Alex and is too cheap to bring anyone good into the organization..
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:
I didn't see but how did McNabb look considering it was posted here that he had a bad practice and was criticized by his coach that he isn't getting the offense yet?

McNabb is a proven commodity, Smith hasn't proven jack s**t.

I feel sorry for the weagles...

I'm going to be pissed if their qb is a stud. It's like the NFL gods don't want us to have a good qb.

No, the cheap ownership wants their money's worth from Alex and is too cheap to bring anyone good into the organization..

Yeah, we should have signed Peyton Manning.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why can't the guy hit short passes? I mean seriously I can throw a 10 yard pass. What is the deal? Why can't he fix this? He's an NFL QB.

I'm not sure why you're still harping on this. Reports are the last 2 days he bounced back pretty good.
I dont get why a report of smith doing bad is surprising?

I would be more surprised if it said he was doing good finally.

[ Edited by Strwy2Hevn on Aug 13, 2010 at 19:59:11 ]
Smith had a very crisp practice. Nice.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

he had 2 bad practice out of all the TC the rest were all good

also keep in mind thats he is throwing 200 passes everyday dont you think his arm would get tired? kinda understandable that he would have an off day with that much passes
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's hitting the deep ones and missing the short ones. He's confident from the huddle to the snap and showing leadership but not much improved with the ball in his hands.

Anybody else getting concerned...

I'm hoping he's better and I thought he would be working on his mechanics all offseason. But some of these media reports have me concerned.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/10/10/49ers-Mailbag-Smith-So-Far-Has-Been-So-S/landing.html?full_args=08/10/10/49ers-Mailbag-Smith-So-Far-Has-Been-So-S/landing&blockID=287074&feedID=5936

what did Razzano say about Smith? "He misses simple 7-yard outs." Alex has always had a problem with accuracy on short passes, which I find to be very strange. I never thought his deep ball was that good either, but whatever. The biggest predictor of future play is past play, so we shouldn't be surprised when Alex dishes up more of the same inaccuracy in practice that he has shown in the past.

sir, this type of comment will not be allowed towards alex smith

And just like the poor ones it doesn't mean jacksh!t until September rolls around.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

sir, this type of comment will not be allowed towards alex smith

• Silky
  • Veteran
I look at it as Alex is just getting the jitters and bad throws out of his system now
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

he had 2 bad practice out of all the TC the rest were all good

also keep in mind thats he is throwing 200 passes everyday dont you think his arm would get tired? kinda understandable that he would have an off day with that much passes

Share 49ersWebzone