LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

concerned with new O-line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Don't be concerned. They weren't perfect but it was the 1st pre season game. They got much better push on running plays than last year and now the pass protection problem is only on the right side (but should improve).

Look at it like this. At least we didn't draft Bulaga, who is already being moved from tackle to guard http://host.madison.com/sports/football/professional/article_0e3b34e0-a822-11df-886b-001cc4c002e0.html

I thought taking Davis over Bulaga was a huge mistake. I'm glad to see I MIGHT be wrong. This line is gonna have problems, big ones, for a least the first half of the season, if not all year long. Teams around the league know how to expose weaknesses, and unless Davis is a fast learner, there are gonna be a lot of sacks coming off that right side.
Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:
Don't be concerned. They weren't perfect but it was the 1st pre season game. They got much better push on running plays than last year and now the pass protection problem is only on the right side (but should improve).

Look at it like this. At least we didn't draft Bulaga, who is already being moved from tackle to guard http://host.madison.com/sports/football/professional/article_0e3b34e0-a822-11df-886b-001cc4c002e0.html

I thought taking Davis over Bulaga was a huge mistake. I'm glad to see I MIGHT be wrong. This line is gonna have problems, big ones, for a least the first half of the season, if not all year long. Teams around the league know how to expose weaknesses, and unless Davis is a fast learner, there are gonna be a lot of sacks coming off that right side.

You have the best handle ever
merci

It's why he was drafted so late (and why a lot of teams were hoping Davis would slip), Bulaga has horribly small arms to be a pro-style tackle and he isn't very intelligent.

Anthony Davis is still the complete package, but he's terribly young, he has all the tools to be a great tackle but he has to learn how to harness the powers of his long arms/reflex skills. If Davis sticks with Solari for at least 2 more years he'll be a pro-bowl tackle.
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Well, it WAS the first preseason game. They played well enough to win. Somebody was opening up the holes for Dixon. Patience is a true virtue, and I suggest we give 'em another game or three before committing hara kiri.

no truer words spoken.
Share 49ersWebzone