LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Has your Optimism of the upcoming 2010 season subsided at all?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has your Optimism of the upcoming 2010 season subsided at all?

New things come out everyday good and bad. Alex has a bad day today (or so were told). Well tomorrow he may have a great day. Earlier this summer the press couldnt stop talking about alex and his new attitide and execution of the field.

Gotta take it with a grain of salt.
We have a solid team and were hungry.
Let them get on the field.
Fingers crossed we havent suffered a horrible injury like the broncos or some other teams.
At least let us see a preseason game first.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
As we get closer to the season opener, I am regaining doubt in our QB. Also, we are going to start the season with 2 rookies, and a center that hasn't played center in years (hopefully Heitmann is mentoring Baas)...

i read somewhere heitmann said he will be around to help the guys as much as he can, now whether it does anything or not who knows
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am still at 10-6 & one possible play-off win. I don't think anything has happened of consequence, they haven't even played a preseason game yet.
Still to early for me, until the season starts lots of stuff could happen-not only on the niners but elsewhere. Plus it take me 4-6 games
No, we got better this year.
You Negative Nancies need to chill out.

We haven't even seen a single pre-season game and everyone's crying in their corn flakes like someone pissed in them.

At least wait until after the Colts game to make any kind of comments on how Alex Smith looks. Preferrably saving judgment until after the third pre-season game.
St Louis, Arizona, and Seattle all suck. We could go into the season with JT O'Sullivan, Kevan Barlow, Brandon Lloyd, and Kwame Harris as starters and I'd still give us a 75% chance of winning the division.
Originally posted by 49erScott:
This team is going no where as long as Alex Smith is the quarterback. Say what you want about his statistics and "improvement" from last year, he just doesn't have "it". That special something that makes you believe he will come through when the team needs him most. He's done that one time, in Seattle in 2006. That's it. The 49ers better wake up and realize that the pieces are in place and the lack of QB is the only thing standing between them and a championship run.

+1
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for NinerBuff.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
St Louis, Arizona, and Seattle all suck. We could go into the season with JT O'Sullivan, Kevan Barlow, Brandon Lloyd, and Kwame Harris as starters and I'd still give us a 75% chance of winning the division.

still way to early

I have reverse (perverse) hopes this season.

Every year since about 1972 I have had high hopes for the year, but after the Ericsson, Nolan, era I am having a hard time seeing 11-12 wins and an exciting season.

Singletary, and Grandpa Munster have not exactly inspired me. I felt that this team played well on defense last year, but under performed offensively. I look at the play selection and game planning last season, and think "wow at least 3 wins got away"

I saw this years draft as a referendum on the offensive play calling, I had hoped to see more speed and some dynamic playmakers added. It is my opinion that the O-line was awful, not due to a massive lack of talent, but rather poor coaching and poor play calling. I am by no means trying to say we had top tier O-line talent, I am saying that we did not give them a chance to play to their strengths, but rather exposed their weaknesses, and hung them out to dry.

I see no real reason that this staff won't do it again, this is the reverse/perverse part. I am always so fired up and ready to see my Niners kick ass, that no matter how bad things are I think "this is the year" and well I have been wrong for the last nine years, none of them were "the year". So after being wrong for so long, the fact that I think we will be awful (8-8) this season, has me optimistic that I will once again be wrong and we will KICK ASS!

Here's hoping I'm WRONG!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
always have low expectations, it'll make you live longer.

This ^

After seven years of terrible football -- including five years of horrid quarterback play -- I never really had any optimism to begin with. I still don't.
Originally posted by 8008:
This is nothing that the other 31 teams arent going through.

Yeah, if you think we've got it bad check out the Chargers injury list.

NFL Injury Report
"Yes, getting a bit worried. Injuries, A Smith being soso etc: 31%"

I'm in this group. Should win the division while Seahawks and Cards battle to see who finishes 2nd/3rd. I expect 10 wins, but not sure if we can go deep into playoffs.
Crabtree's neck injury? Smith throwing ducks, and deep balls off the mark? (not going to find the links, but read MM's blog, it's there) Kentwan AWOL..

Looks like the 11% that are in this category, "No. They might if AS doesnt sharpen up & one more key injury: 11%" should be migrating to join the 30% in this category, "Yes, getting a bit worried. Injuries, A Smith being soso etc: 30%"

I was originally in the Friggin pumped category, but I must admit I'm getting a bit worried too... count me into that 30% as well.... Let's hope we can snap back in the pre-season

[ Edited by zozell on Aug 12, 2010 at 11:50:04 ]
Share 49ersWebzone