LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Its time for Taylor Mays

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that Itputai/Davis are with the first team...Mays needs to be in the mix. Theres WAY WAY to much to talent. He's got the best coaching now.
No.

Because unlike the really low level of play from the starters that the 2 1st rounders replaced, Lewis and Goldson are good. But remember, Lewis has a history of concussions and he's 30, I don't think he will have to wait the entire season. He just needs some good in-game experience before the playoffs start; because that's when you need his speed to combat the likes of D.Jackson, M.Austin, R.White, or S.Rice.

His time will come, mid Nov. I think
I dont think he starts right away, will be in the mix though and at some point this season get the starting role
How is ol TM doing in Training Camp? I haven't heard much about him in the various reports so far.
His time will come. Patience my friend. I'm sure we will see him on special teams, and in certain packages, but starting at safety is a taller task than OG maybe not OT but it's alot to intake.

Next Year he will start. This i strongly feel will be Lewis's last yr. He won't hold up.
If Mays doesnt start day 1, he better be getting PT day atleast on 3rd downs!! the guy is physical, quick, has speed to hang with the fastest!! 3rd down is passing downs, and he will be in the back of the offenses mind !! just think Willis, and Mays chasing down laying the hat on the opposition
Mays is clearly the future at SS, but for now Lewis is good and will start and rightfully so.

Mays and even Bowman will play alot, and soon enough IMO we will have found 4 starters from the 2010 draft.
No. Reggie Smith is the #2, they are just throwing Mays in there to get his feet wet. I doubt he's even close to starting.
When the player is ready, the player is ready. You just don't throw guys into games when they cannot play at a high enough level.

Phil Barber was asked earlier today about Mays in his blog. He stated that Mays is struggling to impress. Translation: He's not close.

Cheers.

P.S. The talk of camp in the secondary is the progress of Reggie Smith. It appears he is the first guy off the bench.
F**k Phil Barber

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
When the player is ready, the player is ready. You just don't throw guys into games when they cannot play at a high enough level.

Phil Barber was asked earlier today about Mays in his blog. He stated that Mays is struggling to impress. Translation: He's not close.

Cheers.

P.S. The talk of camp in the secondary is the progress of Reggie Smith. It appears he is the first guy off the bench.

Bout time the kid was projected high coming out.
Im glad to hear about the M. Lewis love going on. I thought all his tackles the past couple years and the zero touchdowns he allowed last season was an abberation to a lot of the Zoners around here.
Phil Barber??? Are you kidding...Go to practice. Yes he's getting time but he's the BEST kept secret. You watch you and PHil (Hwo never played a down) will eat your words. Sing loves this kid. See's himself. Remember Sing was a 2nd rounder
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I think he'll start...
He might start in some capacity eventually but I don't think he is ready right now.
Share 49ersWebzone