There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bruce Davis

MaioccoCSN
RT @caplannfl The 49ers have agreed to contract terms with free-agent OLB Bruce Davis, a source said.

I remember he was pretty good at UCLA, but had trouble transitioning from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB. I don't know anything about his NFL impact though. Any chance this guy has an impact as a pass rusher for us or is Depth/ PS the best we can hope for?

6'3" 252
4.78 40 time
Camp Fodder...
I wonder if Brooks injury is more serious than we thought, or he's just coming as a camp body.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I wonder if Brooks injury is more serious than we thought, or he's just coming as a camp body.

More likely Burnett's injury is really bad. And with that, Brooks and Laboy out, they need someone to fill in for the remainder of camp.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

More likely Burnett's injury is really bad. And with that, Brooks and Laboy out, they need someone to fill in for the remainder of camp.

what about that Long kid we signed....?
  • bret
  • Veteran
I was very impressed with Bruce Davis today. I looked him up and see he's entering his 3rd season and he's now with his 4th team after being drafted in the 3rd round by the Steelers.

It seems pretty strange to me that a 3rd round pick would be given up on so quickly unless it was a mater of immaturity or locker-room issues. The reports have consistently that he couldn't transition from college DE to pro LB.

Any thoughts or insights on what's going on with him?

Was anyone else impressed with him today?
Camp body bring'em in ship'em out
Bigg Fann of Bruce Davis
He was really good at UCLA, with good coaching, he should be a great player.
Nice pickup by the niners.
Definitely worth developing.
anyone know of a 49er backer bar in orlando FL?
I am interested in seeing some more of him.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home