LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

49ers' center Eric Heitmann injured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Baas better step up. Good thing Alex understands the offense better.
Odd to be hoping for a high ankle sprain.

He was standing around after the fact so hopefully nothing is broken.

We'll see, but definitely a bummer.
Originally posted by teeohh:
hopefully he's fine by the opener, one month and 3 days away

Status for the opener is in doubt. An O line which practices together and stays together grows together. Dayum.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I hope Eric heals to 100% and can continue to play football, but I've got to admit, I think this is an opportunity for our O-line to get even better. I think Eric has strengths at the position, but I also think he is "weak" in terms of physical power compared to most NFL centers. If Baas can take this opportunity and make the most of it, I think our starting O-line has the possibility of being better... however, we'll miss the depth. Also, if Wallace can't step up, this will be his last year on the team.. that is if he even makes it out of camp.

Baas has never taken full control of the Guard position and now you think he will be our savior at the most demanding position on offense short of QB. Fat f**king chance. That ugly sack of Shiite can take it in the teeth. So happy he only got a one year extension
I hope Eric heals to 100% and can continue to play football, but I've got to admit, I think this is an opportunity for our O-line to get even better. I think Eric has strengths at the position, but I also think he is "weak" in terms of physical power compared to most NFL centers. If Baas can take this opportunity and make the most of it, I think our starting O-line has the possibility of being better... however, we'll miss the depth. Also, if Wallace can't step up, this will be his last year on the team.. that is if he even makes it out of camp.
bummer
Originally posted by Joecool:

Baas just lost his job to a rookie and knows the writing is on the wall, in other words, he better get motivated and prove he belongs. There is no doubt in my mind that Baas is much stronger than Heitmann, so I think this could bode well for the running game. I have far too many visions in my head of Heitmann getting blown up and driven back into Gore at the LOS. Something tells me this all works out for the best... it was obvious Heitmann needed to be replaced in the next year or two, so this might just speed up the process.
I think David Baas can be a very good NFL center. I just don't trust him staying healthy.
wow just wow

f**k my life

Get better soon!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Who knows. I mean confidence and comfortableness can do wonders and it seems as though Baas is most comfortable at Center. I mean, look at Barry Simms and the difference of his play from RT to LT.
whats jesse sapolu up to?
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Who knows. I mean confidence and comfortableness can do wonders and it seems as though Baas is most comfortable at Center. I mean, look at Barry Simms and the difference of his play from RT to LT.

What are you talking about...he's been backing up at Center for like a week....how do you know where he is comfortable at?

Baas just lost his job to a rookie and knows the writing is on the wall, in other words, he better get motivated and prove he belongs. There is no doubt in my mind that Baas is much stronger than Heitmann, so I think this could bode well for the running game. I have far too many visions
in my head of Heitmann getting blown up and driven back into Gore at the LOS. Something tells me this all works out for the best... it was obvious Heitmann needed to be replaced in the
next year or two, so this might just speed up the process.

Can't fault your optimism. I would just mention that nothing has happened in the last six years to indicate that Baas is the man to replace him. Had Baas been a halfway decent option at guard I wonder if we would have taken Iupati. Baas lost his spot, and, as another poster has commented if I recall, you now expect him to excel at the more difficult position. I think this is more likely to accelerate his progress out of the team.

But I would like to be proved wrong. Not holding my breath, though.
Share 49ersWebzone