LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

49ers' center Eric Heitmann injured

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/21031/49ers-center-eric-heitmann-injured
I hate my life
  • Chief
  • Veteran
that sucks..
15 minutes on the ground followed by a cart ride? Yea, he's done.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Dammit! Well i guess its time to see what Baas and Wragge can do at Center
fumbleroosky!!!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Perhaps our camp is a little to rough, this is getting crazy.
Damn...hope it's not a tear or a pull of any sort.

I hope Eric heals to 100% and can continue to play football, but I've got to admit, I think this is an opportunity for our O-line to get even better. I think Eric has strengths at the position, but I also think he is "weak" in terms of physical power compared to most NFL centers. If Baas can take this opportunity and make the most of it, I think our starting O-line has the possibility of being better... however, we'll miss the depth. Also, if Wallace can't step up, this will be his last year on the team.. that is if he even makes it out of camp.
Per MM

SANTA CLARA -- Center Eric Heitmann sustained an injury to his lower left leg in practice Monday morning and his status for the season opener appears to be in serious doubt, according to a source.

Another source confirmed only that Heitmann would miss "some time." The 49ers open the season Sept. 12 against the Seattle Seahawks.

Heitmann, who has started 114 games in his eight-year veteran, sustained the injury during 11-on-11 work Monday morning. He hobbled off the practice field and remained standing on the sideline for a while.

After several minutes, Heitmann was taken into the locker room on a cart. The 49ers have not announced an update on Heitmann's status.

David Baas, who started 16 games at left guard last season, replaced Heitmann in practice. Baas is seeing action at center with rookie Mike Iupati's promotion into the starting lineup. Tony Wragge has been working with the second team offense for most of training camp. Cody Wallace is seeing limited time at center.

Read more: Heitmann's Status for Opener in Doubt
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/09/10/Heitmanns-Status-for-Opener-in-Doubt/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=286573&feedID=5936
Ohhhh Fuuuuuuudge.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah it looks serious.
hopefully he's fine by the opener, one month and 3 days away
Share 49ersWebzone