LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Robinson report on Glenn Coffee

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Michael Robinson reports that Glenn Coffee has added 17 lb.'s of muscle:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Robinson-Report-Training-Camp/38bcfb7c-206a-4297-898f-3bb3e452eb95

NFL site has him listed as 209 lb.'s, if that was the case he would be around 226 depending how much fat was converted to muscle.
"Unless you want people do their dishes with your hair, do not grow your hair like that."

Haven't heard much about Coffee during TC. I don't think I would want to hear too much about him. There was so much TC/Preseason hype about a guy who averaged barely 2 yards per carry in the regular season.
that's some funny S right there...mrob might not be that good but he's got a good sense of humor. I like how he was giving Brooks S for not speaking grammatically correctly. Moran Norris has some guns!
Hopefully those 17 pounds will make him get up field quicker...
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for SnakePlissken.
Robinson Report is the best, I specially love how Mike like shows up on other peoples' shows and yells "ROBINSON REPORT" whilst passing by the camera!
him and dixon are gonna be competing for the number 2 spot....competition will make both of them better...i like our rb depth
Originally posted by Joecool:
Haven't heard much about Coffee during TC. I don't think I would want to hear too much about him. There was so much TC/Preseason hype about a guy who averaged barely 2 yards per carry in the regular season.

Apparently, the extra work this kid put in over the offseason to put on an extra 17 pounds bodes well for his future with the Niners. He realized he tanked during the season last year, then went to work to do something about it. I've only seen one article about him so far (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/430272-glen-coffee-staying-grounded-in-training-camp-battle) and it sounds promising. He will have a big challenge ahead of him in the preseason to fight off Anthony Dixon as the primary backup. It is definitely a situation to watch in the coming weeks.......
Coffee looks way bigger than last off season for sure. Im sure Coffee is learning from Gore and his success. Some of theses players that are recovering in icy water looks like that hurts.

[ Edited by skitzofrenic on Aug 9, 2010 at 12:53:50 ]
Originally posted by skitzofrenic:
Coffee looks way bigger than last off season for sure. Im sure Coffee is learning from Gore and his success. Some of theses players that are recovering in icy water looks like that hurts.

Yeah wtf? That icy cold water looks painful!!

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by skitzofrenic:

Yeah wtf? That icy cold water looks painful!!
i remember when i had minor injuries playing HS football, i put just my arms or even ankles. Looks like it doesnt faze them.
prob the best robinson report yet. Dude needs to make his clips 15 mins, do it weekly, and get a lot more of the people we don't get to hear much about.

Funny exchange with Brooks, and coffee.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Apparently, the extra work this kid put in over the offseason to put on an extra 17 pounds bodes well for his future with the Niners. He realized he tanked during the season last year, then went to work to do something about it. I've only seen one article about him so far (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/430272-glen-coffee-staying-grounded-in-training-camp-battle) and it sounds promising. He will have a big challenge ahead of him in the preseason to fight off Anthony Dixon as the primary backup. It is definitely a situation to watch in the coming weeks.......

Let's hope so. Extra weight or strength won't help his vision and he was running into the backs of linemen a lot. I know some of that has to do with him being a rookie and forcing himself to run the play as designed but if he's got a hole just a step over, he needs to take it. All RB's in the NFL are physically gifted, which is why you literally hand them the ball and say run. However, if they lack vision, then it's over in the NFL.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by superman49er:
him and dixon are gonna be competing for the number 2 spot....competition will make both of them better...i like our rb depth

I think Coffee is our back-up for now
Damn, Coffee's ripped!!!
Share 49ersWebzone