There are 208 users in the forums

Do you realize? (Promising signs from camp)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I dunno...I kinda like it when only a few rooks are making it...not because of bad picks or scouting but because of the talent already on the team.

But talent wins out, regardless if its a rookie or a veteran.
Originally posted by 49ersFan831:
yup just like the last three seasons?

2007 may be, but 2008 and 2009? Not really.
Originally posted by Joecool:
That's the biggest difference between Singletary and Nolan. If Nolan was still the HC, our young players would barely be getting reps.

To be fair, that is the difference between Singletary and A LOT of coaches. And at the same time, that reality is part of the reason I appreciate having Singletary as our head coach. He might not be an Xs and Os genius, but I think the leadership and motivation he brings to the team are as important and meaningful as anything a coach can accomplish.
we should at least make it to the divisional playoffs
Originally posted by warrior198:

Our run blocking will be much more powerful and explosive. That alone will help win a couple of more games.

Welcome to the webzone! But I disagree, we should at LEAST make the wildcard.

Our run blocking will be much more powerful and explosive. That alone will help win a couple of more games.

But our pass rushing took a step back with Brooks going down
Originally posted by English:

It doesn't sound like Brooks is in danger of missing any part of the season. Speaking of pass rush, where are the updates on Manny Lawson?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I dunno...I kinda like it when only a few rooks are making it...not because of bad picks or scouting but because of the talent already on the team.

What don't you get? You'd rather have the talent on the team be so bad that a rook can come in and play?

Welcome to the webzone! But I disagree, we should at LEAST make the wildcard.

I think we have a better chance of winning the division than being a wildcard spot

What don't you get? You'd rather have the talent on the team be so bad that a rook can come in and play?

If you're a fan of the 49ers, I assume you know we don't have a bad team in terms of talent. And being a fan of the NFL, I assume you know that the NFL draft is an opportunity for NFL teams to bring in talented, fresh legs that can make their teams better. Many teams are bad at drafting and select players that don't contribute. This was the problem with the 49ers in the recent past and a large part of the reason the team went from a perennial winner to a perennial loser. This year, it appears we've drafted players who can compete and do belong and are going to make a difference early and often.

You can look at it from a negative perspective or a positive one, it is your choice. But whatever you choose, you should have some logic and reason behind it.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by English:

It doesn't sound like Brooks is in danger of missing any part of the season. Speaking of pass rush, where are the updates on Manny Lawson?

I don't want to hear about Manny Lawson at all. He's in the same category as Alex Smith, Glenn Coffee, David Baas and maybe a few others:

Put up or STFU and GTFO!
Share 49ersWebzone